Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Lovin' My Phone

Default A different take on Share Everything

I didn't create this post to be attacked. I put thought into to attempt to put some balance into the argument.

Thanks for all your support!
    Last edited by skatergirl; 06-12-2012 at 03:58 PM.
    ~Janet~
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

Default Re: A different take on Share Everything

Yikes, $230 a month is a savings for you?

Granted my single line isn't exactly cheap heh.

Well, seeing as the plan gives unlimited minutes, I wonder how long until some wiseguy creates a dial-up internet plan for mobile phones LOL
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by xxfallacyxx View Post
    Yikes, $230 a month is a savings for you?

Granted my single line isn't exactly cheap heh.

Well, seeing as the plan gives unlimited minutes, I wonder how long until some wiseguy creates a dial-up internet plan for mobile phones LOL
    I am paying $230 right now for my four phones. I would be paying the same with the Share Everything. It would be a wash with added benefits for me.
    ~Janet~

I'm sorry but any data plan that starts off at: 1GB @ $50 will never be good regardless of however people try to spin it.
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    I am paying $230 right now for my four phones. I would be paying the same with the Share Everything. It would be a wash with added benefits for me.
    The only "benefit" I could see would be the mobile hotspot. But if you're gonna pay the same price, why not just keep unlimited? Make those phones really last. If you really get a strong impulse to upgrade your phones, well, you have the option to switch plans later on.
    I rarely go over 5GB, but I like having unlimited for the same reasons I like eating at buffets. Obviously I won't be eating everything available, but I have a sense of comfort knowing there's more where that came from if I ever need it.

Well thought out post - and I agree that, for some people, the new pricing tiers might make sense. But, as with everything in life, there are trade-offs. For me, I seldom use very many minutes on phone calls, but I am constantly using data. Added to this, I don't have really good, consistant WiFi available (on the move a lot) and only one smartphone, so I would rather keep the unlimited data... Especially if you consider that once it goes away, it is never coming back (it's the "you don't know what you got til it's gone, take paradise and put up a parking lot" syndrome - LOL).
    skatergirl likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    The only "benefit" I could see would be the mobile hotspot. But if you're gonna pay the same price, why not just keep unlimited? Make those phones really last. If you really get a strong impulse to upgrade your phones, well, you have the option to switch plans later on.
    I rarely go over 5GB, but I like having unlimited for the same reasons I like eating at buffets. Obviously I won't be eating everything available, but I have a sense of comfort knowing there's more where that came from if I ever need it.
    Unfortunately the change is coming eventually. The share plan is just an option for now. Maybe be a requirement down the road.
    ~Janet~

Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    Unfortunately the change is coming eventually. The share plan is just an option for now. Maybe be a requirement down the road.
    At a minimum, the existing plan would be good for 2 years if I buy a gs3. 2 years of saving around $800 on one line per month would be over $19,000 total over 2 years contract. To me, that's a very sizeable savings even if I had to move to another plan at the end of 2 years.

Keep in mind that the $19,000+ savings is for one line, I have 4 lines with Verizon now.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    At a minimum, the existing plan would be good for 2 years if I buy a gs3. 2 years of saving around $800 on one line per month would be over $19,000 total over 2 years contract. To me, that's a very sizeable savings even if I had to move to another plan at the end of 2 years.

Keep in mind that the $19,000+ savings is for one line, I have 4 lines with Verizon now.
    If you are going to get a new phone and want to keep your unlmitted data, I believe you need to do it before June 28.

Also, I think everyone is overestimating the costs of this share everything plan. How much data do you use and how much data does everyone else use on your plan? I think if you have an individual $40 plan with no texting and a $30 data plan, yes, changing over will be hard because it is going to cost you $90 for talk and text and 1 GB data, or $100 for talk and text and 2GBs. That will definitely suck!

However, if you have a super highway of phones on your plan, you could save money because you may have people who don't even use a half a GB a month that will even out with someone using 5 GBs.
    ~Janet~

Greed has truly knocked the carriers off their rockers? The pricing structure is a completecomplete farce compared to what ISP costs go for per GB. At least, w/ a wifi ISP, codting $50 a month will add 2 zeros on the end of 1GB(100) for comparable service.
    skatergirl likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I just got confirmation that you do have to do it by the 28th, on the 29th you have to pick

Rezound via Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Individuals can pick the $ 2gb for $ 30 plan.
    http://solutions.vzwshop.com/shareeverything/?intcmp=VZW-VNT-SE-PLANRECMND
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

The only thing that changes is if you have unlimited. I can upgrade and go to either a tiered plan oe the share plan....

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

my usage is in my avatar, cost based on max plan and then overages
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Yeah you are screwed.... No more tethering for you

Rezound via Tapatalk 2
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    Greed has truly knocked the carriers off their rockers? The pricing structure is a completecomplete farce compared to what ISP costs go for per GB. At least, w/ a wifi ISP, codting $50 a month will add 2 zeros on the end of 1GB(100) for comparable service.
    I can't believe that a few years ago, I thought my unlimited 10Mbps home internet was a rip-off for $50 a month. I look at them now like a total blessing. I'm sorry and I truly love you, Optimum Online/Cablevision

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Yeah you are screwed.... No more tethering for you

Rezound via Tapatalk 2
    Actually, that was done without tethering.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Ouch! For some reason I thought you were tethering... My apologies

Rezound via Tapatalk 2
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    It is true that the prices are way out of line.
    ~Janet~
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    I can't believe that a few years ago, I thought my unlimited 10Mbps home internet was a rip-off for $50 a month. I look at them now like a total blessing. I'm sorry and I truly love you, Optimum Online/Cablevision
    Verizon though has been ripping everyone off for years now, ever since users of smartphones were required to shell out $30 ... even for a person who uses very little data.
    ~Janet~
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Actually, that was done without tethering.
    I am seriously just curios and I don't mean to pry into your business, but what are you doing to use that much data? That is a lot.
    ~Janet~

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Un-rooted

No one should be surprised, it's Verizon!

The data plans shouldn't be more than $10 per GB.

Right now VZW is over charging us with the current $30 for 2GB.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Whomp 4.2/Perseus 36.3

This is the final straw for me, I've been looking at moving to TMobile for awhile anyway. With my current job I have wifi all day and we rarely use over 2GB. Even if I do they would only throttle it.

Between myself and my wife we've been thru 12 replacement phones in the last year and a half for various software and hardware related issues. Between all that and the fact that my 3g speeds and reception lately have been pitiful and that if I want to get a more up to date phone I have to submit to this, nah. I don't care how good they're effing network is supposed to be, my wife was in a normally good area today and the call dropped three timeswhile I was tyring to talk to her. Screw Verizon, I can cut my bill in half going to TMobile, I may do just that.

Sent from my Supercharged MikRunny'd Dinc2

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

I'm actually pretty much ok with it, depends on what they do with discounts. I'm at $150 a month with taxes for 2 smart phones. I use maybe 3gigs a month, my wife 4k (or something ridiculously low). But I only get 700 minutes and 1000 texts. So for me, I'll pay the same(ish) but get unlimited calling (good) and unlimited texting (don't care). I do question the amounts and price a little. Why not keep the same amounts and price, but share them? Mehhh. I'm also not sure why somebody would pay $10 for a tablet, when you get mobile hotspot included.
    Took the S4 update on purpose, so I could not mess with my phone.... so so so stupid.

I've used 30GB so far... I think mine comes from playing Pandora all day everyday..uploading pics, all social networks running in the background.lol

HTC Rezound
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast