Problem with screen not turning on or turning off too fast

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, I called Verizon to order a GS3 today. Apparently, even though I am off contract, they didn't want to let me place the order, and I was on the phone for about 80 minutes. I was then transfered to the automated system to complete the order but could not because I could not turn the screen on. When I called back, I had to touch and hold my finger on the screen so that it wouldn't turn off.

Anyway, I have been noticing, when I make calls, that sometimes the screen would not turn on at all. Or sometimes, it will turn on but turn off by itself after a few seconds. I think there may be something wrong with the sensor.

The phone seems to work ok otherwise when using just for data, other than the data drops that started a week or two ago that was discussed in the other thread.

D850

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the exact same problem with mine it is a faulty light sensor. I had to get a warranty replacement so now I am on my 3rd rezound it seems like something on this phone craps out every 2 months and I have to get a warranty replacement which is very frustrating! I got the rezound in late november got my first replacement in january dead pixels, then in late april the light sensor took a dump only during and after phone calls. So my prediction is that my 3rd rezound will crap out in some way in the first week of july i am 99.9% certain it will if the every 2 months track record continues! I am seriously thinking of getting the Galaxy S 3 the reliability of the rezound isn't very good and the battery life even on 3g only isn't great either. So when I can get some hands on time with the GS3 or this phone craps out on me again I will decide which direction to go

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234