FoxFi app on the Rezound

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to ask a question about the foxfi app with the rezound. For anyone who doesn't know its a tether app that can be used for wifi or bluetooth. Unfortunately it can only be used thru bluetooth on the rezound. Now my question is that recently it got an update for the app to work on newer htc phones with ics 4.0. I was wondering that if anyone who put a leaked version of ics for the rezound if it works for it or if there is a way to get rid of the restriction. I wasn't sure if unlocking your boot loader would take the restriction off. Any response would be great. Thanks.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty sure that is a software restriction and needs to be built into the app itself. I doubt it will be since other methods would require root, and foxfi is all about not rooting

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
If anyone with a leaked version of ics could try this app would be great and let us know if it worked.

Progress has been made with FoxFi version 1.91.2.

But we aint there yet...

I am running the newest leaked ICS and I'm unrooted/locked/S-ON.

I can now connect my laptop to the phone via FoxFi, yet I still don't get an internet connection.

Some are claiming that any device trying to connect through FoxFi is having IP issues and therefore are not connecting...

I have been unsuccessful in using the bluetooth... My computer just doesn't see the phone when using FoxFi Bluetooth... Yet it see's the phone fine when using normal Bluetooth access.

Lego

Last edited:

bbxtwo

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
foxfi does activate the hotspot, but it's not perfect yet, all devices trying to connect will be stuck obtaining ip address, guess we'll have to wait for a fix hopefully. :mad:

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I tried Foxfi after loading ICS earlier. WiFi appeared to be on, but my PC always reported "low connectivity" - I was never able to load a web page and did not find any solutions on the web.

I own pdaNet, which recently had an update that was supposed to work with FoxFi - no improvement.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2