Internet freezes logging into comcast

GWILKS

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
About a few weeks ago I couldn't access my Comcast email anymore because when I tried to open the Page off stock browser it would load a tiny bit, then loose Internet connection and the acceleramator would stop no matter how long I waited.
I gave up on trying a downloaded the comcast Xfinity app. It sucks and is a pain in the ass so I tried to get into my email through browser again. Still didn't work.

So I tried downloading a new browser to see if that helped. Nope, still quits out once I hit log in..
Here's a cropped screen shot of where it always quits.
46c08040-0dca-f954.jpg

Any suggestions on what to do/try in order to fix this??

sent from my HTC Rezound

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I use Gmail to check my ISP email (cox). In Gmail you can assign it a color, so you can tell the difference in the Gmail app right away.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So I can set my Comcast emails to come through my Gmail?

sent from my HTC Rezound

What I do is forward all my email to my Gmail then assign a color to it. I think of it as a unified in box...... Aol, msn, yahoo, whatever I check one and done

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

daniel-k

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
"I gave up on trying a downloaded the comcast Xfinity app. It sucks and is a pain in the ass so I tried to get into my email through browser again. Still didn't work.{"

Why is the Xfinity app. a pain in the ass? I've been using it for my Comcast e-mail with no problems. It isn't much good for anything else though.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Well how would I do that.. Is the settings through comcast?

sent from my HTC Rezound

The way he's suggesting ... yes, you'd need to look for a forwarding option somewhere in your Comcast email settings.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

GWILKS

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Why is the Xfinity app. a pain in the ass? I've been using it for my Comcast e-mail with no problems. It isn't much good for anything else though.

Because with the browser I could just click on my attached work schedules and it would send it to the obvious downloads section where I could easily access it anytime after. With the app it sends it somewhere else and I can never find it. I tried sending it to multiple areas but still no luck. So every time I need to look at the file I have to re download it and hit "preview" off the app.
Also it closes itself out whenever I click something the first time. Say I open the app, go to delete a few spam emails so I hit menu>select...then it closes. I have to re open then it'll work.

The way he's suggesting ... yes, you'd need to look for a forwarding option somewhere in your Comcast email settings.

Ok I did something like that with my college email's to be forwarded to comcast. I'll have to snoop around and try to find it in here.

And what do you by "the way he's suggesting"? Is there an easier or better way?

sent from my HTC Rezound

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Just set Gmail up to check your comcast email. You need a few things from comcast, their pop3 and smtp servers, and your password.

Go to gmail on a computer (it's easier).

Go to settings, then accounts and import tab.

In the middle is a section called Check mail from other accounts using Pop3, click on add pop3 account you own

In that pop up, put in your info it asks for

When your done, on the side in your gmail, you should have a folder for your comcast email. There is a little colored box, click on that and you can change the label. This color shows up on your phone as well, so it's easy to tell the difference between accounts.

Good luck

GWILKS

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Now that is what I needed! Step by step lol thanks a ton, I'll try it out when I get a chance

sent from my HTC Rezound

GWILKS

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Comcast app doesn't even work at a now.. It acts as normal, but won't load any new emails. Now I have to check them through my comp which I don't get on too often

sent from my HTC Rezound

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
About a few weeks ago I couldn't access my Comcast email anymore because when I tried to open the Page off stock browser it would load a tiny bit, then loose Internet connection and the acceleramator would stop no matter how long I waited.
I gave up on trying a downloaded the comcast Xfinity app. It sucks and is a pain in the ass so I tried to get into my email through browser again. Still didn't work.

So I tried downloading a new browser to see if that helped. Nope, still quits out once I hit log in..
Here's a cropped screen shot of where it always quits.
Click to view quoted image

Any suggestions on what to do/try in order to fix this??

sent from my HTC Rezound
If it helps, your way ahead of me. I wish I could log into my cable service providers website with my phone. Webpage opens fine but when I try to log in. All I get is pop up telling me there's to many server redirects to continue. Annoys the living pee outta me.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I think you can give gmail your comcast credentials and it will maintain a connection or connect every now and again to pull your email.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes