HTC, actually cares.

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I wrote an email to HTC expressing my frustration over ICS being taken off their website and them not giving a reason. Well, I got the same response so many others did. Its scheduled for this month and we will probably see it by next. I got the typical survey about how I felt about the email.

I responded that I was not happy and left this in the comment section. I sent this email at 4 am eastern time. Low and behold 10:05 am eastern time HTC called me. I had a concerned customer service agent on the phone with me attempting to fix the issue. I was told that we should see ICS by the months end.

I have to say, I am impressed by this. While Verizon has nkt fully won me over, though they got me a Rezound after 7 Thunderbolts for 33 bucks, they haven't shod the same care that T-Mobile gave me for 6 years. HTC has made me a very loyal costumer

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Not to sound like Mr. Negative but they damn well should care and they NEED to be rocking the customer service thing big style...

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-q2-2012-financials-show-578-percent-fall-net-profits

I agree they need to step it up, most likely on the marketing and product streamlining front (they can learn a thing or 2 from Sammy in that dept..or heck even Moto to some extent). Having said that..I hope HTC is around for the long haul..this is the first smartphone and I am truly in love with and have no serious complaints about. Whether you like their design choices or not..they have definitely helped push the android market forward with some of their hardware choices and software development.

cliffy223

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I really enjoy HTC as a company especially when my MyTouch4G went crazy and froze after a reboot one month after the warranty expired. I called TMobile's tech and they made things worse with their troubleshooting process and ended up telling me to use insurance. I then called HTC to see if they could do anything and amazingly they said that their phones had a 3 month extended warranty for certain issues on phones. After one week of shipping my phone I got it back working perfectly.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Not to sound like Mr. Negative but they damn well should care and they NEED to be rocking the customer service thing big style...

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-q2-2012-financials-show-578-percent-fall-net-profits

Wow ppl are crusifying them in the comments.

I agree completely with the the sd card and removable battery, but the resentment about their bootloader unlock is stupid. I yes I believe they should offer a method for s-off, but they should also leave the s-on as an option. It is the only unlocking method I know of that leaves a nice layer of security for ppl like me that don't know what they are doing. I guess these ppl enjoy reading about bricked devises and feeling like they are cool for changing splash screens

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Don't get me wrong..the only Android phones I've have were HTC's, the Inc, and this one. I'm a fan of Sense. I think Sense 4.0 is a great step in the right direction. I'm totally down with the removable SD card and battery.

I don't see the S-off thing being really that much of a problem, I flashed lots of ROM's with S-On. Sure there were some extra steps but it wasn't like my decision to flash a ROM was based on a few extra steps. Once we got it, it didn't magically solve the problems for the AOSP guys, nor did it magically conjure up the kernel source.

Some people just aren't going to like Sense or any Android overlay, thats just the way it is.

I for one, have had a good experience with HTC products and I will continue to consider them for whatever will replace my Rezound...in a year and a half or so :p

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
My first venture into the smartphone world was a BlackBlerry Pearl and I thought it was such an amazing phone. Then, I went to the G1 and my mind was blown! I loved the phone and hated to part with it. I switched to a MyTouch Slide and meh. I was given a G2 and I fell in love all over again. I really never wanted to leave that phone. It was perfect, amazing design, great battery life, the hard keyboard was amazing, but moving to VT I had to drop T-Mobile. I got the Thunderbolt and that was a headache in itself.

I was given a Rezound and my love was renewed. I do think HTC could learn a thing or two about how they design their phones. Though, with the EVO 4G and the new lines of HTC Ones, I think they have learned this lesson rather well.

I for one, will keep supporting HTC. I don't have a desire to leave the Rezound for another year when I can upgrade again.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, I've got to say... I called Verizon tech over an issue i had with the Rezound. They kept me on the phone for what seemed like hours trying to resolve it.

I called HTC support, and they fixed the problem in less than 5 minutes! They really are a good company, gotta say...

cliffy223

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Is there something I am missing on why no one else does a pure Android phone?

I've always heard that its companies like HTC, Samsung, Sony, Motorola, etc that have the option to make one but would rather have their own UI to differentiate their product. Could it be the opposite that only Google is allowed to decide what phone will be a pure Android phone and all others must use their own UI?

With the One X getting overshadowed by the GS III and Iphone 5 it would seem that HTC should just bite the bullet and build a pure Android One X phone which I am sure many people would buy just because there would be two pure Android phones on the market and the One X would be a way better phone to have.

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Is there something I am missing on why no one else does a pure Android phone?

I've always heard that its companies like HTC, Samsung, Sony, Motorola, etc that have the option to make one but would rather have their own UI to differentiate their product. Could it be the opposite that only Google is allowed to decide what phone will be a pure Android phone and all others must use their own UI?

With the One X getting overshadowed by the GS III and Iphone 5 it would seem that HTC should just bite the bullet and build a pure Android One X phone which I am sure many people would buy just because there would be two pure Android phones on the market and the One X would be a way better phone to have.

HTC released a pure Android phone, well I guess it's called Vanilla or Stock. The G2 didn't have Sense and it was an amazing phone. I know a lot of people loved this phone. Again, I wish I didn't have to leave that phone =(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon