Anyone else suck on 1x

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been stuck on 1x for two days. Did resets and still stuck. No 3g or 4g just 1x. I'm stock no root and in the chicagoland area. Could my radios be bad? Should I call Verizon for a replacement? If so what do I say? Any help would be great. Thanx.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure where you are, but here in PA, my signal has been all over the place for the last 2 days...mostly lte, but really going out of whack where I never had an issue before

D850

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue being stuck on 1x of and on for the last month or so. Usually restarting the phone fixed it but the other day it was stuck on 1x for a hour in a full signal 4g/3g area and turning data on and off and a restart didn't fix it. It just magically switched to 3g after about a hour on 1x. I have also noticed battery life getting much worse as well usually I get a full weekend out of a full charge and yesterday with only a few texts and maybe 20-30min of phone calls I was down to 35% by 8pm and I turned my phone on with a full charge at 10:30am. This makes me think I may need to get another warranty replacement I am currently on my 3rd htc rezound! and it looks like I maybe getting my 4th one soon if this keeps up.

And keep in mind my usage level has not changed and the battery life is still on the decline!

Reactions: LdotAdot13

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings, wireless & networks. Uncheck mobile network. Count to 10, recheck mobile network.

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same problem (PA) so they switched out my SIM card (LTE card) and I haven't had a problem since.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings, wireless & networks. Uncheck mobile network. Count to 10, recheck mobile network.

Or just pull down notification screen, tap the Quick Settings tab and uncheck/check the mobile network box... Can do that from nearly any screen or app.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I have done all the"tricks" to address the issue but to avail. I get a hint of 4g every now and then but it's never constant. I called and the rep said she had 2 calls today from rezound owners who are having the same issue. She ended up sending out a replacement. I hope this one works! It will be my 3rd in 6 months. Are they still doing the replacement to a different but similar phone?

Sent from my Rezound using Android Central Forums

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have done all the"tricks" to address the issue but to avail. I get a hint of 4g every now and then but it's never constant. I called and the rep said she had 2 calls today from rezound owners who are having the same issue. She ended up sending out a replacement. I hope this one works! It will be my 3rd in 6 months. Are they still doing the replacement to a different but similar phone?

Sent from my Rezound using Android Central Forums

Yes, but as always ymmv. It is not a guarantee.

Reactions: LdotAdot13

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Since I'm getting a replacement phone. Is there a backup app that I can download so I don't have to spend hours redownloading all the stuff on my phone?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
titanium backup. I was a fan of mybackuppro, but with tibup, I can have everything back in 15 minutes depending on connection. DO NOT RESTORE SYSTEM APPs, just do user apps and data

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you're just impatient since other people on these forums were having the same problem. I know my connection was wonky, but I just went about my day, now my phone works just like it did the first day.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you're just impatient since other people on these forums were having the same problem. I know my connection was wonky, but I just went about my day, now my phone works just like it did the first day.

Not impatient at all. More frustrated because I can't use my phone in the proper way. I'm in downtown Chicago at the moment and I still can't get a good 4g or 3g connection. Glad your phone works.

DougD84

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Found a fix for the issue on androidforums

Click the link for help if you need it.

This fix is from back in January when we had that big 4G outage. It worked for me, but I'm considering switching back after Verizon gets its act together.

olderstill

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I tried all the 'tricks' Monday night- when the phone went to 1x and nothing worked.

Used wifi the rest of the night- sometime in the morning, 4G returned. Verizon swore to me there were no outages in the area (Cleveland); that is pretty hard to believe, as usual. All seems fine now.

-deadenough

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
So I received my replacement phone last week. Slipped in my sim card and hoped for a strong 4g signal. I got it but was quickly disappointed when I received a phone call and my phone automatically turned into a blank screen. I was able to have the phone conversation but for 7 minutes afterwards my phone would not turn back on. I had to literally put it under a light bulb for the sensor to finally turn off. Then it happened, my phone dropped all data connectivity :eek: took it to a corporate store and they gave me a new sim card. That worked for literally 30 minutes before I lost data connectivity again. So I'm left wondering if I should call Verizon again to get my 4th rezound or just wait for ICS and hope that fixes it.