Trade-in value of $183 at VZW, but I'm relocked/rooted on ICS

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I used Verizon's own website and got a trade-in value of $183 for my HTC Rezound.
That rice included a promo code on a coupon given to me by a VZW corporate store
associate. The phone has every factory accessory in the original box. It was activated
and used for only 1 or 2 hours, then deactivated. It sat in my desk for a couple of
months unused, which I why I wanted to get rid of it. $183 in VZW gift card is pretty
good, no? No hassles of trying to sell it. The gift card can be applied to a monthly
bill or purchase of other VZW stuff.

I accepted the offer and already shipped the phone. In fact, the tracking page shows
the phone was delivered on Monday.

Here's the thing.... I just remembered that I had completely forgotten to restore the phone....

It was unlocked/rooted but I relocked it... which resulted in "RELOCKED" being
displayed when booting into recovery. (not sure if VZW trade-in dept will actually
check for that)

Worse yet... I had the leaked ICS rom on there and all I did was returned it to
the factory default to wipe my personal data. (but that still returned it to a fresh
copy of the latest leaked ICS rom) Whoever turns it on will see the set-up menu.

Should I expect to get the phone back after VZW rejected it? :(

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Why not do wire trick and then turn on security flag and it'll read as S-ON like nothing was ever touched.

pmoser

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Deny it like you have no idea what there talking about. Anyways why would t matter, when you sold it did it say you had to be on stock. Anyways good luck.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Stock+

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure they will just plug it in and completely re flash everything. I have no reason to say so though. Just deny deny deny

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Why not do wire trick and then turn on security flag and it'll read as S-ON like nothing was ever touched.

I never performed S-OFF. :)

Besides, I never did anything to the phone. Verizon was the one who sent the ICS via OTA.
I had absolutely nothing to do with it. Also, I can confirm the US govt's story that no UFO
or alien creature had ever landed on this planet. It never happened.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
You gave up your Rezound for $183?! The ear buds alone are like $90. You could've pulled at least $300 on eBay, man.
Reagan, I am disappoint.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Reagen really wanted jellybean obviously. Since VZW treats the Rezound like a RHSC :)P), he/she/it couldn't wait for a dev to bring JB to the Rezound.

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
You gave up your Rezound for $183?! The ear buds alone are like $90. You could've pulled at least $300 on eBay, man.
Reagan, I am disappoint.

Of course I kept the Beats headphones!!! :) I emailed VZW after I got the $183 quote.
They specifically told me not to include the LTE SIM card, microSD card, and the headphones.

The sad thing is that I found another reputable online trade-in store that offers $215
for the HTC Rezound. :( (this trade-in company works another cellular carrier)

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
They didn't. That was a joke on his part regarding denying having any personal responsibility for ICS being on the phone in question.

LOL, I thought so after I was stupid enough to post that. That's what happens at that hour of the night, erm, day? LOL

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae