Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Trade-in value of $183 at VZW, but I'm relocked/rooted on ICS

I used Verizon's own website and got a trade-in value of $183 for my HTC Rezound.
    That rice included a promo code on a coupon given to me by a VZW corporate store
    associate. The phone has every factory accessory in the original box. It was activated
    and used for only 1 or 2 hours, then deactivated. It sat in my desk for a couple of
    months unused, which I why I wanted to get rid of it. $183 in VZW gift card is pretty
    good, no? No hassles of trying to sell it. The gift card can be applied to a monthly
    bill or purchase of other VZW stuff.

I accepted the offer and already shipped the phone. In fact, the tracking page shows
    the phone was delivered on Monday.

Here's the thing.... I just remembered that I had completely forgotten to restore the phone....

It was unlocked/rooted but I relocked it... which resulted in "RELOCKED" being
    displayed when booting into recovery. (not sure if VZW trade-in dept will actually
    check for that)

Worse yet... I had the leaked ICS rom on there and all I did was returned it to
    the factory default to wipe my personal data. (but that still returned it to a fresh
    copy of the latest leaked ICS rom) Whoever turns it on will see the set-up menu.

Should I expect to get the phone back after VZW rejected it?

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Default Re: Trade-in value of $183 at VZW, but I'm relocked/rooted on ICS

Why not do wire trick and then turn on security flag and it'll read as S-ON like nothing was ever touched.

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cares View Post
    Why not do wire trick and then turn on security flag and it'll read as S-ON like nothing was ever touched.
    Does he have a long piece of wire? He already shipped it back to VZW.

ROM
    CM7 and Incredikernel

Deny it like you have no idea what there talking about. Anyways why would t matter, when you sold it did it say you had to be on stock. Anyways good luck.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Stock+

ROM
    Viper

I'm sure they will just plug it in and completely re flash everything. I have no reason to say so though. Just deny deny deny

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

What is the wire trick? Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I never performed S-OFF.

Besides, I never did anything to the phone. Verizon was the one who sent the ICS via OTA.
    I had absolutely nothing to do with it. Also, I can confirm the US govt's story that no UFO
    or alien creature had ever landed on this planet. It never happened.

When did vzw send out ICS ota to the Rezound?

Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    When did vzw send out ICS ota to the Rezound?

They didn't. That was a joke on his part regarding denying having any personal responsibility for ICS being on the phone in question.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by xxfallacyxx View Post
    They didn't. That was a joke on his part regarding denying having any personal responsibility for ICS being on the phone in question.
    I got all excited...LOL

sent from this old school ReZound! no ICS
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You gave up your Rezound for $183?! The ear buds alone are like $90. You could've pulled at least $300 on eBay, man.
    Reagan, I am disappoint.
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

Reagen really wanted jellybean obviously. Since VZW treats the Rezound like a RHSC (:P), he/she/it couldn't wait for a dev to bring JB to the Rezound.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    You gave up your Rezound for $183?! The ear buds alone are like $90. You could've pulled at least $300 on eBay, man.
    Reagan, I am disappoint.
    Of course I kept the Beats headphones!!! I emailed VZW after I got the $183 quote.
    They specifically told me not to include the LTE SIM card, microSD card, and the headphones.

The sad thing is that I found another reputable online trade-in store that offers $215
    for the HTC Rezound. (this trade-in company works another cellular carrier)

Can you share that store?

Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

No, but he'll buy your rezound for $190 shipped haha.

Alright enough joking around, I've made my forum appearance for the month. :P
    Dovahkiin likes this.

LOL, I thought so after I was stupid enough to post that. That's what happens at that hour of the night, erm, day? LOL

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

no joke... I have no idea what ICS means. Why does ICS have anything to do with phones?
    ICS stands for

You didn't hear it from me and I was never here.
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

Just for one iota of a second, I almost believed that.

Thank you rational skepticism! :P

So this whole thread is a joke?

If anyone wants the beats earplugs for $90 I'm sellin'. Or make me an offer.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by mikeytg1024 View Post
    So this whole thread is a joke?

If anyone wants the beats earplugs for $90 I'm sellin'. Or make me an offer.
    We seem to digress around here after the op is answered satisfactory

From my XxX rated Rezound
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    We seem to digress around here after the op is answered satisfactory

since the folks handling my VZW trade-in has the final say, I guess I'll find out in a day or two.

(it's like the one about the gorilla who bought a valid ticket, but was politely asked to leave
    the Bolshoi Ballet gala,
    unfortunately)

anyway, I'm now hoping VZW rejects the trade-in and sends the Rezound back to me.... because
    there's a MUCH better trade-in offer($215) from an even more reputable trade-in company (don't want
    to say the name, because other people reading this thread may end up flooding that company with
    Rezound trade-in... but I'll reveal the name after my trade is finalized... yes, I know that sounds
    awfully selfish... but $30 extra is still $30 )
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by af250xxl View Post
    anyway, I'm now hoping VZW rejects the trade-in and sends the Rezound back to me.... because
    there's a MUCH better trade-in offer($215) from an even more reputable trade-in company (don't want
    to say the name, because other people reading this thread may end up flooding that company with
    Rezound trade-in... but I'll reveal the name after my trade is finalized... yes, I know that sounds
    Well, you were always one to promote trickle down economics. Now we just have to find out why the hell it doesn't trickle.

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

It's doesn't sound selfish... it is selfish. but understandable in these times. They(verizon) are not going to reject it. They just take the phone and flash it or send it to the repair center and repair the defect and then flash it.
    Last edited by Major Payne; 07-12-2012 at 12:49 PM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

since the folks handling my VZW trade-in has the final say, I guess I'll find out in a day or two.

(it's like the one about the gorilla who bought a valid ticket, but was politely asked to leave
    the Bolshoi Ballet gala,
    unfortunately)

You won't hear a thing.... The will flash it without looking.... Do not worry

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    You won't hear a thing.... The will flash it without looking.... Do not worry

that's cool....

what I don't understand is this.... when I used the trade-in calculator, my HTC Rezound
    was quoted $50 highter than my VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus. (same like-new condition)
    but I love both of my GN(CDMA and GSM) and have absolutely no plans to get rid
    of them, at least not until the next Google Nexus smartphone shows up!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast