Resale value of the Galaxy S3 in a few months???

rebelguy

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So I am still in contract with Verizon until October. Even though it is close I am not sure if I am going to renew because I will lose my unlimited data plan. I am considering about making the move to an S3 now at full retail but am curious if I should just hold out until October. Most android phones take a huge dip in resale value after a few months and depending on what apple announce with the new iphone and other new Android phone releases I should be able to pick one up at a good price. The reason I am considering now is because Samsung is offering good trade in values on phones so I would end up spending around $400 to get my S3 now if I trade my phone in.

What is everyone's thoughts on used pricing on an S3 in a few months?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
In a few months the SGS3 will be worth just as much as it is now. Only unpopular phones lose their value. I know it's a sore subject around here but it's the truth. Why not post this in the SGS3 forum rather than the Rezound one..??

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
In a few months the SGS3 will be worth just as much as it is now. Only unpopular phones lose their value. I know it's a sore subject around here but it's the truth. Why not post this in the SGS3 forum rather than the Rezound one..??

If the rumored htc 5" 1080 display phone or the note 2 comes to verizon, then i suspect gs3 prices will dip.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If the rumored htc 5" 1080 display phone or the note 2 comes to verizon, then i suspect gs3 prices will dip.

^ This. Circle of life, my friend... circle of life.

(If I had any sort of Ps skills, I'd shop out Simba for a Rezound) :p
pic1.jpg

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
If you're going to wait, consider waiting until Black Friday. That's when places like Sam's Club offer relatively good phones (at the time of the deal) for a buck. Last year, for Verizon, it was the Charge, and the year before that was the Fascinate.

The problem? You're getting a subsidized phone, so if you have an unlimited plan like I do, you lose it by accepting the phone deal for a subsidized price of a buck.

Where I'm going is that you will find a lot of people getting the phone, and then hawking it on Craigslist. I might convince my wife to get a smartphone for a buck on Black Friday, remove the phone and new data plan when I get home, sell the phone, and use the money to purchase an aftermarket S3 and trade my Rezound as well. I get to keep the unlimited plan, and the world is warm and fuzzy again.

: )

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
black Friday is a good time. The rezound was a penny at Amazon for new lines and $50 on upgrade at Costco. I agree that there will most likely be some good deals then.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
That is when I think we are going to switch to another carrier. The one penny phones will soften the blow of having to have 2 carriers in the house for awhile

From my XxX rated Rezound

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I think by then apple will have every android phone banned, so the sgs3 will be one million dollars. The rezound though won't be banned, but you will have to root to be able to click any object on a touchscreen to cause any action to occur.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21