Wi-Fi Problem

craZhorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
So I flashed the latest ICS leak and everything runs very smooth except for Wi-Fi. The phone just will not connect to my home network. I had no problems with Gengerbread on the phone, but ICS is presenting a problem. Has anyone experienced this with the latest leak, and if so was it correctable? Thanks.

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah,it sucks but I gave it a try and I got my data signal and WiFi back after doing so.

sent from my ics equipped REZOUND

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Try the reset. The way I understand it the reset should not fix anything after an ruu because the RUU rewrites everything, but it works for some ppl. Go figure

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Are u able to see possible networks in your WiFi settings?may have to try forgetting your network then retype your password.just trying to come up with small fixes for ya...

sent from my ics equipped REZOUND

craZhorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
well I did the factory reset, but unfortunately it is still a no go. It will not authenticate my passphrase/password. Any other suggestions? I sorta felt something would go wrong while I was flashing this morning. I think I will try to into the router and get a new passphrase. Don't know if that is even possible or not but gotta try something.

craZhorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The router is a Linksys. I changed the password and tried to connect again but it would not. I was in a coffee shop this morning and had no trouble connecting to their public wi-fi, so something is amiss wi.th my home network, My smart tv. will connect to my network with no trouble at all. It comes down to the phone not authenicating my password. Strange

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
ok this is going to seem complicated but isnt

go to start and in the search box type CMD. It will come up with a file named cd.exe

a black window will pop up with a dos prompt

type in ipconfig

a bunch of stuff will come up and most of it you will not need. What we need is

ipv4 address (example: 192.168.1.5)
subnetmask (should be 255.255.255.0)
default gateway (example: 192.168.1.1)

Write these things down.

Now lets go to the phone go into wifi in the system settings menu. The first thing we will check is if you are set to DHCP. Press and hold the network nae you are trying to connect to. a dialog will pop up to either forget the network or modify. Choose modify

click show advanced options

under proxy it should say none, under ip settings it should say DHCP. It either of these say something different, set them to what I have above and try to connect. If it connects, forget everything else I am going to type because we found the issue.

If they say that and you still cannot connect, change DHCP to static.

Here is where those numbers we wrote down come into play. under IP address we want to increase the last digit by 2 from the number we wrote down above (the example: 192.168.1.5 changes to 192.168.1.7)

under gateway, we want that to be the same as the number above (example: 192.168.1.1)

If the rest of the settings are filled in, leave them as is. If not, here are my settings to try:

network prefix: 24
dns1: (the same as your gateway above)
dns2: 71.242.0.12
key index 1

hit save and hopefully it connects.

If not, I got nothing else. I will be here all afternoon if you have a question

Reactions: craZhorse

craZhorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Finally I got wi-fi to work on my phone. What I did was create a new network SSID , then went into Linksys IP address and made correction for the new SSID. On the phone, in wi-fi advanced setting, I used the router security push button and the phone found the network. All of this took me about 3 frigging hours LOL