Stock HTC email client??

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
So I just picked up a rezound today. Love the phone, huge upgrade. I am curious though, do any of you use the stock HTC email client for gmail rather than the gmail app? I can't seem to add my account, keeps giving me an error.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I think you need to use the gmail app for gmail and the native HTC mail app for everything else (exchange and stuff).

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Use a market email app and you don't need to use gmail. It's been a long time since I tried the stock app but I thought you could use that for gmail too.

Sent by my hookah via hashcloud.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I guess I was a little confused. When I first put my account info in I noticed the "gmail" option in addition to "google". I put my info in and it looked like the stock client with push support, but I never got any emails to show up so I used google and deleted the "gmail" account. Now when I try to add it back it says "account has already been added"...

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah if you follow the setup wizard it will add your gmail to the stock mail app(which sucks) were you to have skipped that step, the true Google account add would have been like 2 steps later.

You can fix this by clearing data on the stock mail app and then going under settings -> accounts&sync and adding your google account there.

Reactions: Bond32

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech