VZW put commitment to ICS upgrade for Rez in writing on news site

Whubblesbuddy

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Verizon actually put their promise of an upgrade to ICS in print, on their news web site. They also said/committed to "early 2012." It may show up elsewhere too, but it is certainly on the news site. So for those of you that are getting impatient, you can now read their own words back to them and have a better chance to get whatever restitution you may have in mind. As for me, I'm going to wait until it comes or VZW/HTC officially says it is not coming.

Here is the link: HTC And Verizon Wireless Unveil HTC Rezound™, First Smartphone In The U.S. To Feature Beats Audio™

Scroll down to the section "Additional Features," and read the second line there, "Operating System." Note that it says "will,"(as in a commitment) not "may," or "could be," etc.

I've saved the page to my desktop, I recommend that you do the same if you are planning to beat up VZW for satisfaction. They could always delete that part of the post, then deny they ever said it. I'm not saying that VZW would do something that slimy, but it is better to have the evidence than to be too naively trusting and wind up getting screwed.

Last edited:

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: VZW put commitment to ICS upgrade for Rez in writing on news

Early 2012? Is anyone aware we're in July? Early went out the window 5/31, and that's using the generous definition of "early."

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

typical. The tbolt was promised gb in q2 11, and got it well into q4 11. Software update dates for verizon phones are very often delayed, I would never buy a verizon phone based on them saying that it would get a software update by a certain date. It is a bait and switch, but Verizon does it a lot anyway, so it isn't surprising.

btw, i did a pdf here, in case Verizon decides to change it, and attached it below.

Last edited:

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

When HTC and Verizon did the unveiling of the Rezound that was one of the big selling points in the video I stayed up and watched. I wish I could find the video. Maybe someone can find it and post it here. Drives me crazy when people say when, where, or written did Verizon promise anyone the ICS update. Atleast that argument has a written answer now.

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I questioned Verizon also on this and explained when you publish something and folks makes a purchase based on there advertisements we expect them to come thru. After talking to retention dept I got a free yr of service all I have pay are the taxes. Do yourself a favor and call make a point and get results.

sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: skatergirl

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

Again here we are, where everyone clearly is looking to get a freebe/handout from verizon here. You call to complain about not getting ICS and they give you what, credit on your bill? A year of service? Neither of which are a phone with ICS. So no you don't actually care about ICS, or getting it. You are just using this as a chance to get something for free. Which in turn causes costs to go up.

Reactions: JudasMaxx

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Again here we are, where everyone clearly is looking to get a freebe/handout from verizon here. You call to complain about not getting ICS and they give you what, credit on your bill? A year of service? Neither of which are a phone with ICS. So no you don't actually care about ICS, or getting it. You are just using this as a chance to get something for free. Which in turn causes costs to go up.

Verizon caused it in the first place.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

I don't think this is causing Verizon's already high costs.If they don't or won't give you what you paid for and they offer you a free year of service, you are going to turn it down?? I hope you don't turn it down for me because I'm sure it will not affect me or my bill. They wouldn't offer it if it didn't benefit them.
No need to think everyone is out to get freebies and put em down for it.

Reactions: jroc and skatergirl

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

Verizon used the upgrade to ICS for the Rezound as a selling point and failed to deliver on such. There is nothing wrong with the buyers getting upset about them failing to back up on what they promised. Yes, it's a promise when they use it as a selling point or in advertising. It's like buying a scoop of ice cream with the flavor of Cookies and Cream, being promised there would be cookie pieces in it. To get half way through the scoop and finding out there aren't any cookie pieces in it.

The country is far to divided on the whole issue of getting what is promised to you or seeing it as asking for a freebe (complaining and moaning). We need to ban together and take back what is ours. Corporate America is deffently doing what they want here, dividing us.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

The country is far to divided on the whole issue of getting what is promised to you or seeing it as asking for a freebe (complaining and moaning). We need to ban together and take back what is ours. Corporate America is deffently doing what they want here, dividing us.

Say this out loud. You really wanna start some revolution over a phone software upgrade? Brilliant.

Reactions: tmettler5

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

Say this out loud. You really wanna start some revolution over a phone software upgrade? Brilliant.

If this is the spark that will ignite a very much needed fire, sure why not? This could easily spread to other much needed areas.

_Citrus

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

This was written in November 2011. It's not really worth anything now, is it?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This was written in November 2011. It's not really worth anything now, is it?

It could be a "material fact"

A material fact is an occurrence, event, or information that is sufficiently significant to influence an individual into acting in a certain way, such as entering into a contract. In formal court procedures, a material fact is anything needed to prove one party's case, or tending to establish a point that is crucial to a person's position.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=material

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Verizon actually put their promise of an upgrade to ICS in print, on their news web site. They also said/committed to "early 2012." It may show up elsewhere too, but it is certainly on the news site. So for those of you that are getting impatient, you can now read their own words back to them and have a better chance to get whatever restitution you may have in mind. As for me, I'm going to wait until it comes or VZW/HTC officially says it is not coming.

Here is the link: HTC And Verizon Wireless Unveil HTC Rezound?, First Smartphone In The U.S. To Feature Beats Audio?

Scroll down to the section "Additional Features," and read the second line there, "Operating System." Note that it says "will,"(as in a commitment) not "may," or "could be," etc.

I've saved the page to my desktop, I recommend that you do the same if you are planning to beat up VZW for satisfaction. They could always delete that part of the post, then deny they ever said it. I'm not saying that VZW would do something that slimy, but it is better to have the evidence than to be too naively trusting and wind up getting screwed.

I sent an email to the two individuals listed on the page and copied it to a coroporate emplolyee.

Thank you for reminding us all where Verizon had this promise in writing.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site

I think you are missing the point slightly. People don't want a Razr or Galaxy Nexus, they want a Rezound with the ICS it was promised. I had the GNex (the signal was terrible), my wife has a Moto and I'm not a big fan. You're saying I should go to one of those phones, because Verizon could not stick to their word? Why shouldn't Verizon be held responsible at all? Obviously they wouldn't be rewarding customers monetarily if they weren't wrong.

Note: I haven't requested any restitution from VZW, I'm just making a point.

Reactions: jroc and GC736

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site

I agree completely...

I purchased my Rezound during the price drop to 50 bucks...

I passed an upgrade for this because I was notified be HTC and Verizon that we would be upgraded to ICS....

So, as far as I'm concerned, Verizon does have an obligation to get this upgraded..

Lego

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084