Air Card/Data card

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
For folks like myself that have an air card we lost unlimited, no grandfather by Verizon for air cards and we lost the employee discount for the air card. DSL will be cheaper or changing the air card to a 4g phone. Really peeved over this.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
check out millenicom, they are a vzw and sprint reseller. If you have good sprint in your area, they offer an "unlimited" plan (50gb/month) for a decent price. If you can get vzw 4g, they offer a 4g/3g hotspot that is 20gb for $70. They say only 10gb's for 4g and 10 for 3g, but the people on it havent been throttled to 3g after going over their alotted 4g.

As for me, I run there old 3g plan, 20gb for $60 a month. I recently can get 4g if I put my phone in a window, and have been doing that to play games online :)

Also wilson just came out with the sleek 4g-v which boosted my signal for 1-2 bars of 4g to full signal.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
why not just use mhs? You can use one of the free options which may violate tos, or just pay the $30 for it from verizon, assuming that you have unlimited data now.

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
check out millenicom, they are a vzw and sprint reseller. If you have good sprint in your area, they offer an "unlimited" plan (50gb/month) for a decent price. If you can get vzw 4g, they offer a 4g/3g hotspot that is 20gb for $70. They say only 10gb's for 4g and 10 for 3g, but the people on it havent been throttled to 3g after going over their alotted 4g.

As for me, I run there old 3g plan, 20gb for $60 a month. I recently can get 4g if I put my phone in a window, and have been doing that to play games online :)

Also wilson just came out with the sleek 4g-v which boosted my signal for 1-2 bars of 4g to full signal.

No Sprint or AT&T coverage.

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
why not just use mhs? You can use one of the free options which may violate tos, or just pay the $30 for it from verizon, assuming that you have unlimited data now.

MHS is not an option as my one computer runs a network and if we leave coverage with the phone the network is down. I use pda net when traveling for my laptop.

Reality is DSL will be the same price but a lot faster. 4g won't be in my area till next year at the soonest. So I will switch this year.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
seems like a no brainer, if I could get DSL or anything better than MBB I would have it in an instant. DSL for home, pdanet for on the road.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site

If I have unlimited data and get the mobile hot spot, well I have unlimited data on the hotspot feature on the phone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
If I have unlimited data and get the mobile hot spot, well I have unlimited data on the hotspot feature on the phone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

No. The MHS when activated through Verizon is 2g per month. The rest of the phone is unlimited. If Foxfi or others can get it to work on the Rezound that would be unlimited or if you root to activate MHS then that would be unlimited.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
No. The MHS when activated through Verizon is 2g per month. The rest of the phone is unlimited. If Foxfi or others can get it to work on the Rezound that would be unlimited or if you root to activate MHS then that would be unlimited.

Is the 2GB hotspot feature $20 or $30? I ask because the package that I have is $30, and it doesn't say that i have xGB per month.