1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Music not showing up in Play Music

First time this has ever happened to me, and I've been using the built in Music app for some time. I bought some music from Amazon. Attached my Rezound and copied it over (directory and all) to my SD card. Load up Play Music and the album isn't there at all - not a single song. If I open the build in Music app, it's there. If I go through my file manager and click on a song it plays in any app I want it to play in (Music or Play). I've restarted my phone and it still isn't showing up in Play Music

Any ideas?

Default Re: Music not showing up in Play Music

settings ->storage

unmount and re-mount your SD card

it sounds your SD card got lost
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Not sure that's the issue. I've rebooted my phone, which mounts/unmounts the card, and that didn't solve it. Also, the album does show up in other music apps. The only app it fails to show up in is Play Music.

I came across the same issue today. Restarted my phone too. Nothing but the music I bought from Google Play.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Think I got it. Had to clear cache, clear data, and force stop the app. It's now refreshing the music and I see the album.

I have this problem too and this solution works for me also but I have to do it EVERY TIME I add new music or restart my phone..

I have the same problem when I add music and go to the Google player there is nothing or only the music I last added, I have rebooted the phone and no joy, I have found though if I uninstall the last update and reinstall it all my music is back... there seems to be no help from Google and the problem persists

If you find that certain songs are missing from albums, just go to that album in google play desktop, select all the tracks and right click... then select 'edit track info'.

A box will appear with the information for you to edit, but you don't have to do a thing, just click on save and the tracks will then sync to your android device!

Strange, but it works for me ;^\