Wifi tether to the Nexus 7 - Did you get it working?

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded several tether apps, and they seem to work, but can't get Nexus 7 to connect or even see the wifi on the device.

Did anyone get this working?

Rooted, CleanROM 1.7 and Amon Ra custom recovery.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
did you ask in the N7 forum? They might know a bit better than us...not putting you off, just trying to point you to an answer

Nope, thought I should ask here since this is the device I'm tethering to. Didn't see anything in either forum, but I know some people have it working on other phones.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
If you want wifi tether to work on GB you need the patch from XDA.

The long and the short of it is that tethering on GB only gives you adhoc mode and to connect to most Android tablets you need infrastructure mode. The patch fixes the wifi driver and allows infrastructure mode as well.

Reactions: rootbrain

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
If you want wifi tether to work on GB you need the patch from XDA.

The long and the short of it is that tethering on GB only gives you adhoc mode and to connect to most Android tablets you need infrastructure mode. The patch fixes the wifi driver and allows infrastructure mode as well.

I've downloaded several wifi drivers from xda, none seem to work on my rooted GB device. Is it time to undo everything and go ICS?

What a pain, unroot, relock, reflash ICS, unlock, reroot... Sigh...

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I've downloaded several wifi drivers from xda, none seem to work on my rooted GB device. Is it time to undo everything and go ICS?

What a pain, unroot, relock, reflash ICS, unlock, reroot... Sigh...

You're over complicating things. Why are you unrooting and relocking? Just flash ICS firmware/radios...then flash ICS ROM.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I used foxfi on my rezound and pdanet for tablets on my acer a500. The only issue is that when using a stock rezound it has to be done over bluetooth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz