Renaming RUU questions

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Skatergirl... Do the same thing for me please.... Boot into the phone all the way... Using the usb cable connect it to you phone... Set it for disk drive and not charge... The if you double click on the last drive letter and it opens in windows explorer.... Is your phone file there

From my XxX rated Rezound

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Skatergirl... Do the same thing for me please.... Boot into the phone all the way... Using the usb cable connect it to you phone... Set it for disk drive and not charge... The if you double click on the last drive letter and it opens in windows explorer.... Is your phone file there

Now my phone does not want to boot up at all!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

As soon as it starts to behave, I will do that check for you!

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Your screenshot shows no ph98img.zip file loaded on the ext_sd. Or your file has a .zip.zip extension but either way your phone is not seeing the file.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well we have not done anything to it yet.... I think it is just pissed it isn't on ics yet.... Lol

Yeah, it goes through the whole drawn out cycle and then when it gets to the password, it goes back to black screen and it reboots. Maybe I should go back to HBOOT and do a factory reset and start all over, cause the phone is stuck in an non cooperating cycle.

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
If you go to fastboot it should start

Fastboot is for running the executable file from your computer while the phone is connect via USB. You can do it that way but you cannot mix them.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
K ... think I am just getting a bit tired! LOL!

I do see the sd card on my desktop through the cable. I am placing the zip file back on it.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Also make sure you have it named PH98IMG.zip . If you don't have extensions turned on in windows it might be named PH98IMG.zip.zip (notice the extra .zip)

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I deleted the dang file and I am downloading it again. Maybe it did not download properly the first time.

I found my SD card. My pictures are still there, but my music is gone.

I don't regret trying this, but I am getting a little tired and a little weary. Not sure why most everyone else had no problems and I am stuck. :'(

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
In Windows if you do not have show file extensions on, it will show xxx. Zip when it really is named xxxx. Zip. Zip

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Skatergirl, sorry for sorta bailing on you for the last hour. I am at my second job and people just aren't getting that it is more important to help you get ics than to make them a damn pizza

Reactions: skatergirl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non