Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By piizzadude
  • 1 Post By piizzadude
  • 1 Post By piizzadude
  • 1 Post By piizzadude
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Question Rezound - Updating to ICS from CR

    I am new to Android. I bought a second-hand HTC Rezound that had CleanROM 4.3 installed in it (Android 4.0.3) with HTC Sense 3.6.

    My question is, when I the official Ice Cream Sandwich, how would I go on about updating it/. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!
  2. #2  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something JB

    Default Re: Rezound - Updating to ICS from CR

    is the bootloader unlocked?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Rezound - Updating to ICS from CR

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    is the bootloader unlocked?
    By bootloader, do you mean if its rooted? The phone is rooted.
  4. #4  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something JB

    Default Re: Rezound - Updating to ICS from CR

    no, turn the phone off, hold the volume button down and keep holding while you hold down the power button. It will load into what is called hboot.

    The two things you need to look for there is whether it says, locked, unlocked or tampered.

    Also look and see if it says s-on or s-off

    another thing to look at is the version number.

    These three things will help immensely with getting you back to stock
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Rezound - Updating to ICS from CR

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    no, turn the phone off, hold the volume button down and keep holding while you hold down the power button. It will load into what is called hboot.

    The two things you need to look for there is whether it says, locked, unlocked or tampered.

    Also look and see if it says s-on or s-off

    another thing to look at is the version number.

    These three things will help immensely with getting you back to stock
    It is Unlocked, S-ON, and the version number is 2.11.0000
  6. #6  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something JB

    Default Re: Rezound - Updating to ICS from CR

    before we go further, can I make a suggestion?

    It is a real pain in the butt to go from ICS leaks back to Gingerbread. I will be happy to help you with it, honestly, but here are the steps: [GUIDE] How to go back to STOCK from ICS for Noob like Me - xda-developers.

    The better thing to do would be to wait for the official OTA to come out and then just flash that and go about your way.

    If you want to start getting into it. we can. THe first thing to do is to download the android sdk from here: Android SDK | Android Developers
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Rezound - Updating to ICS from CR

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    before we go further, can I make a suggestion?

    It is a real pain in the butt to go from ICS leaks back to Gingerbread. I will be happy to help you with it, honestly, but here are the steps: [GUIDE] How to go back to STOCK from ICS for Noob like Me - xda-developers.

    The better thing to do would be to wait for the official OTA to come out and then just flash that and go about your way.

    If you want to start getting into it. we can. THe first thing to do is to download the android sdk from here: Android SDK | Android Developers
    I'm waiting for the the official ICS for Rezound, which us supposed to come out sometimes this week. I already have ICS Rom (CleanROM 4.3). So when the official ICS comes out, can I just install it or willbibhave to go back to Gingerbread and do it that way?
  8. #8  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something JB

    Default Re: Rezound - Updating to ICS from CR

    that is what I am trying to say.

    When the official ICS comes out, someone will make a flashable copy of it. That way you can just flash the official one right over top of cleanrom and not have to go back to GB then back to ICS.

    When I see the OTA in flashable form I will post it here if it isnt already done...
    cyt0nic likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Rezound - Updating to ICS from CR

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    that is what I am trying to say.

    When the official ICS comes out, someone will make a flashable copy of it. That way you can just flash the official one right over top of cleanrom and not have to go back to GB then back to ICS.

    When I see the OTA in flashable form I will post it here if it isnt already done...
    So will the flashable remove the CleanROM? And I apologize if I'm pestering you. Im just new to Android.
  10. #10  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something JB

    Default Re: Rezound - Updating to ICS from CR

    As I said in another thread, there are no dumb questions, just dumb people that do not ask questions....

    Yes, when you install the OTA, it will wipe your phone clean and get rid of clean ROM totally.

    It will be easier to go from CR ICS to OTA ICS than to go from ICS to GB and back to official ICS.
    Bkolb69 likes this.
  11. #11  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: Rezound - Updating to ICS from CR

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    before we go further, can I make a suggestion?

    It is a real pain in the butt to go from ICS leaks back to Gingerbread. I will be happy to help you with it, honestly, but here are the steps: [GUIDE] How to go back to STOCK from ICS for Noob like Me - xda-developers.

    [/url]
    Pizza, will this work even after the latest ICS leaks brought new firmware? If memory serves correctly the earlier leaks didn't have ICS firmware, they were GB firmware with ICS software. And anything after the march leaks had new firmware. I could be wrong but I don't think that how to holds up anymore.
  12. #12  
    twolastnames's Avatar

    Posts
    732 Posts
    Carrier
    To embarrassed to say

    Default Re: Rezound - Updating to ICS from CR

    Can't you just wait for the RUU to drop, then relock, flash the ruu and be done? You would not be rooted anymore, but if you didn't care about that, this would be the easiest?
  13. #13  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something JB

    Default Re: Rezound - Updating to ICS from CR

    You know what, you are absolutely correct. Those are old instructions, but nevertheless, the new instructions are harder to do and more hazardous so the OP is still better off waiting, flashing the OTA and going on his/her way.

    FYI: if you upgraded and upgraded the firmware, you have to be S-OFF to go backwards. If you are on ICS, just flash the OTA when it comes out and back to stock you will be....

    Good catch Mr.Smith..as always
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Rezound - Updating to ICS from CR

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    You know what, you are absolutely correct. Those are old instructions, but nevertheless, the new instructions are harder to do and more hazardous so the OP is still better off waiting, flashing the OTA and going on his/her way.

    FYI: if you upgraded and upgraded the firmware, you have to be S-OFF to go backwards. If you are on ICS, just flash the OTA when it comes out and back to stock you will be....

    Good catch Mr.Smith..as always
    The official ICS came out. How long will it take for the flashable one to come out?
  15. #15  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something JB

    Default

    I had it yesterday but I have to rehost it tonight. I will get you the.link later tonight

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    cyt0nic likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Rezound - Updating to ICS from CR

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I had it yesterday but I have to rehost it tonight. I will get you the.link later tonight

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Thank you!
  17. #17  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something JB

    Default

    No problem

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Rezound - Updating to ICS from CR

    I'm having an issue installing the OTA ICS. When my phone downloads it and reboots, it gets about 25% then I get a triangle with an exclamation point. I had previously put the leaked ICS on my phone, but went back to stock GB. Anyway I can fix this so I can just update normally on the phone, or do I have to flash with a stock ICS?
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Rezound - Updating to ICS from CR

    piizzadude...Can I get a link too...same boat here.

    Thanks!
  20. #20  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something JB

    Default

    I am trying but nothing is under an hour to download..... I am not a dev for Android but I think I have to try androidhost

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    aephix likes this.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

    Default Re: Rezound - Updating to ICS from CR

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I am trying but nothing is under an hour to download..... I am not a dev for Android but I think I have to try androidhost

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Did you happen to get your hands on one?

Posting Permissions