Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ice cream update

Hey I just got off the phone with Verizon twice and both times they stated the update was released today...August 1... Let's hope they're right...
    Bkolb69 likes this.

Default Re: ice cream update

In writing or we don't believe you
    Tmaybin likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something JB

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....it is a double secret release so that know one knows. We would hate for the media to get a hold of this kind of information

EDIT: Welcome to AC....we like to kid a lot around these parts, nothing personal
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yeah they sent me to tech support and the lady said it was ready July 24 but it's being pushed out in waves starting today...like I said...let's hope...
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something JB

The only thing stopping e from really buying it (besides VZW said it) is that the supports sites have not been updated at all. I have been wrong once or twice, but those would be done before the update rolls out so that when people have issues, they can go there.

Global Posts
    1,018 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

Recorded audio, or it didn't happen. Don't take it personal, but I don't believe you. Partially because these are your first posts here, smells a lot like trolling.
    jbarborka likes this.

1-800-922-0204

Has anyone called this number (Customer Care Verizon) in regards to ics be released today.

A sales person from verizon gave me this number, and i have not tried to call it yet.

Btw a htc rep said the 45 day period won't start until verizon acutally releases ics. So now the latest we could ics would be mid September.

Global Posts
    1,018 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

Plus, it seems like if the update is ready now, it was ready last night. OK, we know it's been ready for months, but hear me out. If it was ready last night, why not start the rollout in waves in July when you would technically be meeting the June-July time frame promised to everyone?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something JB

one last QA check? To **** us off more?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Haha I don't even know what trolling is...how about calling them, asking for tech support, then see what they tell you...
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something JB

I would but y next door neighbor usually has the same information as Verizon reps and he is a steel worker.

"I don't know"
    Toontown likes this.
    Bearded

Carrier
    Business Sense ICS

Yea at this point VZW service seems to be pawning any Rezound ICS complaints off. I contacted them via email, got a response, replied to the response and my reply was ignored.
    eirmanz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefank View Post
    Hey I just got off the phone with Verizon twice and both times they stated the update was released today...August 1... Let's hope they're right...
    I decided to call Verizon to confirm this. The tech rep is showing that ICS for the Rezound goes commercial today. She said that they still don't know any exact dates and that it will be pushed to my device. She also said that HTC is responsible for pushing the update. Same story different day. Which leaves me to keeping my original principle of believing it when I see it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something JB

I guess we shall see as the day progresses.

11:59 is the time you are waiting for. Go take a nap all....
    Toontown likes this.
    Mr Fix-It

Carrier
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I guess we shall see as the day progresses.

11:59 is the time you are waiting for. Go take a nap all....
    Must be like waiting for Santa on X-mas. Then the morning comes and you run downstairs only to find that someone stole your presents and burned your Christmas tree down.

Carrier
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Must be like waiting for Santa on X-mas. Then the morning comes and you run downstairs only to find that someone stole your presents and burned your Christmas tree down.
    HAAA HAAAAA!!!! Festivus Pole's don't burn!!!!!
    renegadeneo and beddex2000 like this.

Yeah, just hate it when that happens...

Global Posts
    1,018 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by veevans01 View Post
    I decided to call Verizon to confirm this. The tech rep is showing that ICS for the Rezound goes commercial today. She said that they still don't know any exact dates and that it will be pushed to my device. She also said that HTC is responsible for pushing the update. Same story different day. Which leaves me to keeping my original principle of believing it when I see it.
    So we have some confirmation on this. First, sorry to Lefank. Second, sounds like we're no closer to the OTA.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something JB

edit..not trying to poo on the parade, but this really was just a few minutes ago

Haha!!
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Yeah this was my first post but after calling twice I got excited and thought I'd share...
    android4life007 likes this.
    Mr Fix-It

Carrier
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Lefank View Post
    Yeah this was my first post but after calling twice I got excited and thought I'd share...
    Welcome to the forums...We weren't trying to debunk or call BS on your OP, we're just cynical old [insert expletive]'s around here and need "rumors" to be verified or busted.. Think of us as phone mythbusters
    android4life007 likes this.

I've spoken with Verizon twice. The first time the lady tried to get me to take a Razr as an exchange. I said make it the Razr Maxx and she's got a deal. She didn't bite. I then talked to a dude that was pretty candid with me---and advised me to go to androidcentral.com and take matters into my own hands as he had no idea when this thing was coming out.
    skatergirl likes this.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Welcome to the forums...We weren't trying to debunk or call BS on your OP, we're just cynical old [insert expletive]'s around here and need "rumors" to be verified or busted.. Think of us as phone mythbusters

Not a problem

Carrier
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

and I seriously lol'd at the stolen presents/burned tree...
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast