False Alarm? ICS

Hopsain

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
So, I went into my setting, downloaded the 7mb pre-patch thingy, phone restarted & started downloading something from Verizon or whatever, restarted a couple of more times, and BAM, still on 2.3.4

What gives?

When I go into setting and click check new, nothing happens.

Did anyone actually get ICS?
Did anyone have my problem?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
When I did it, the initial update went through, rebooted 3 times, then a window popped up immediately telling me to download the 299MB update, no check was needed.

First phone is almost finished with 299MB download, should be rebooting within the next few minutes... that one will take a while.

EDIT: First phone is rebooted and flashing now, second one is downloading...

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same problem but my phone didn't download anything after it updated the firmware and I went to check my status and it says update successful but still on gb also

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I believe that you have to download it via wifi. My download is in progress right now. I will update you all later.
My first phone started D/L on 3G, spent 20 minutes and barely moved progress bar then I got home for lunch, phone switched to WiFi and the download completed in less than 8 minutes. Flashing now...

LOBBS

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I just got the OTA. If someone wants to explain which files to pull, I'll put it up on my Mediafire account. I've got 600 gigs of available bandwidth.

Hopsain

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Now it says

"Android is Upgrading...

Also, the loading screen is in what looks like an ICS window look.

It's gotta be the real update. So excited!

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
On ICS now!!! Sweet, but seemed really sluggish at first (assume stuff going on the background), and cache/dalvik seem to have been wiped, had to relogin to stuff and reauthorize some apps. Has speed up to faster than I ever recall after a few minutes.

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
So, I went into my setting, downloaded the 7mb pre-patch thingy, phone restarted & started downloading something from Verizon or whatever, restarted a couple of more times, and BAM, still on 2.3.4

What gives?

When I go into setting and click check new, nothing happens.

Did anyone actually get ICS?
Did anyone have my problem?

Try turning your phone off for about 15 min and see what that does I had a similar problem and now im downloading the update

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
That just happened to me as well :( I'm on 95% extended battery level.

What a joke :mad:

Ok so 15 minutes later I do a manual update check and it started downloading the ICS update and now it's all done :D
At first it was really sluggish but 10 minutes later its running super fast, even with my Shadow Galaxy Live Wallpaper!
Ok I'm happy now but I think now it's time to complain about 4.1 JellyBean! Who's with me? LMAO ;)