Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mcgowane79
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy ICS Update ERROR!

My wife's HTC Rezound received its ics update this afternoon but after the update was complete the software version still reads 2.3.4 and when the check new update button is pressed nothing happens.

Any advice?
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by mcgowane79 View Post
    My wife's HTC Rezound received its ics update this afternoon but after the update was complete the software version still reads 2.3.4 and when the check new update button is pressed nothing happens.

Any advice?
    Mine too...what gives?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Default Re: ICS Update ERROR!

The quick update was the 7MB you need to redo it, and (pull it)...and it'll download the bigger file. I am doing it but I don't know if I am going to be able to use it without stock recovery, no one wants to answer my question.
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by jwp1223 View Post
    The quick update was the 7MB you need to redo it, and (pull it)...and it'll download the bigger file. I am doing it but I don't know if I am going to be able to use it without stock recovery, no one wants to answer my question.

Are you up and running yet?
    ~Janet~

Nope....I am stuck still. I am going to let it sit here for like 25-30 minutes (so until about 7pm central) and do another battery pull, after that, I'll be back to see if I can get clearer answers. At the moment as well I am downloading the RUU. Just my work connection is slower than balls.

I had to turn my phone off and re start it. My phone locked up during the download and once I re started it, no problems. That night help, not sure. My phone also said 2.3 version until I re started it one more time.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

About 40 mins after I created this thread my wife's phone began to update "correctly" and now has ICS
    skatergirl likes this.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

This is for the leak'd and ROM'd users:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc...ml#post2216192

Instructions on how to get the OTA to work.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
    Thanked by: