Stuck at White HTC Screen

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys, I did the update but I am stuck at the white HTC screen and it won't go any further. I can load into Hboot, what do I do after that? Any and all help would be great.

Thanks

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys, I did the update but I am stuck at the white HTC screen and it won't go any further. I can load into Hboot, what do I do after that? Any and all help would be great.

Thanks

Has anyone answered you yet?

I am not sure wha to do.

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Probably help to know what you are updating from and whether you took the ota or are flashing a zip. Maybe someone can help with a few more details.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Bababenny

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
the same thing happened to me. It froze there for awhile. After about 20-25 minutes I just powered down----gave it a minute----powered it back up and PRESTO! I had ICS.

I hope this helps you.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Thanks

I am gonna assume you took the OTA. When you start it up, you end up stuck on the HTC screen and then nothing, I would say boot it, then when it is stuck, do a battery pull

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Probably help to know what you are updating from and whether you took the ota or are flashing a zip. Maybe someone can help with a few more details.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Well apparently I can't be unlocked or rooted to take the OTA, well I was unlocked and rooted and took the OTA, it went through, installed, I restarted the phone. Now I get stuck at the White HTC Screen and it just sits there. It sat there for a good 20-25 minutes, I pulled the battery, rebooted again, and it again just stuck there.

Like I said, I can get into Hboot and recovery but it's not stock recovery since I had Amon Ra recovery on here.

I've wiped data (was going to start clean anyways)...twice and still I am stuck at HTC White Screen.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
neither of those should cause an issue. Unlocked certainly. I am uploading the update in flashable form to my dropbox now. I will give you a link when I am done

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
From what I've seen on other forums, you can't be unlocked and must be stock 100% (Stock recovery). That's why I am stuck where I am.

mstraw9379

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I have pulled the battery and rebooted. Stuck at HTC screen.
Pulled battery went to HBOOT and rebooted. Stuck at HTC.

I did unlock on the HTC site. Is that an issue? If so how do I undo it and start over?

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have pulled the battery and rebooted. Stuck at HTC screen.
Pulled battery went to HBOOT and rebooted. Stuck at HTC.

I did unlock on the HTC site. Is that an issue? If so how do I undo it and start over?

Kind of the answer I am waiting on mstraw, I am in the same boat as you. I am about to do this last pull because I waited 32 minutes since I rebooted...and then I'll do a hardboot (battery pull and reboot) if that doesn't work...then I don't know what else to do...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood