Can't complete my ICS update

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what went wrong or what to do next. Have a bone stock Rezound. Did "check new." Saw the first part of the update, selected ok. I could see the download status bar in my notification area. But after the download completed, nothing happened. No installation, no nothing. So I waited a while. Then I went back to check on the update. Under status it has all the info as it should be, except status is blank and it says "code: 0". My software still shows as 2.01.605.11, so the update didn't complete. When I select check new, nothing at all happens. I have done multiple reboots and multiple battery pulls. I have done copious googling, but I can't find anyone who shares my exact issue and I have NO idea where to go from here! Help!

Buickman

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
You've found someone now who's in the exact same boat as you now. That's what brought me here. I was looking for any kind of cache that might need to be cleared out to unstick things. I'm hoping someone much smarter than myself finds us here and gives us some advise.

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, nice to know it's not a total anomaly, anyway... I've tried everything I can think of to make it clear out so I can start over. I just wish I could figure what went wrong; I don't want to have to do a factory reset.

Buickman

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Possible good news for you, mine just popped up with the update window to finish the small 7mb update (10 hours later). rebooting and updating now. I'll keep you posted.

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Interesting! Maybe mine will do the same. I tweeted @vzwsupport so we will see.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
You are a jerk, RazorDroid. A rub-it-in-your-face jerk.

(good thing I love ya.)

Buickman

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Rebooted, finished the first step of the small update, back to being unresponsive when hitting the check for updates button again. Will try a battery pull again.

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, piizzaman. Am hoping to just "unhang" the OTA update though, as it isn't really an issue of not getting it yet more an issue of it not working.

Buickman

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
OK TheAutoMama, I finally got it to download the full update. Not sure what actually did it, but here's everything I did.

Turn WiFi off, be on Verizon network.
Go into all programs, clear cache on "updater" app.
Battery pull.
After reboot, go into updater menu, hit check new and just leave it for about a minute.

Give that a try and see if yours goes through.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
OK TheAutoMama, I finally got it to download the full update. Not sure what actually did it, but here's everything I did.<br />
<br />
Turn WiFi off, be on Verizon network.<br />
Go into all programs, clear cache on "updater" app.<br />
Battery pull.<br />
After reboot, go into updater menu, hit check new and just leave it for about a minute.<br />
<br />
Give that a try and see if yours goes through.

What is the "updater app"? Is that a third party app or something that should already be on the phone? Thanks!

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
CtyChick, if you go into apps, then all, you'll see a program called "updater," it isn't really an app; rather a program. If you select it, you can both force stop and clear data. That's what I did there. Not a third party app, just part of the programing.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac