HELP!! ICS - my phone won't unlock

rhauer

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I just finished downloading ICS and it seemed to download fine. Then after it rebooted it asked me about encrypting the phone. I think for my Exchange Server to Work i always encrypted (??) . Anyway, after ICS its locked and it doesnt take my encryption password.

My phone is locked??

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Factory reset via hboot.
To get there, pull the battery on your phone. When you turn it back on, hold power and volume down. Hold it until you get a white screen that says bunch of crap on the top about radio and version and what not. In the middle you'll have the option to select bootloader. In this screen you use the volume keys to move up and down, and the power button to select. Bootloader is the first option, so just hitting power should work. The next screen is the hboot screen. volume down and select factory reset, hit the power button, profit.

This will wipe your phone, so only do it if you really really can't get into your phone. And you probably should backup your internal (if you can) and external sd cards first.

Don't forget to put your battery cover back on, you won't get a signal without it on.

rhauer

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
This phone sucks. I have had problems with my SD card forever, even had it replaced. I had hoped once I got ICS it would be better. Same problems. Not recognizing card

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781