How to get ICS if you are stuck

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
OK a lot of us are stuck here and I could speculate on why but I will not. Let's just get to solving the issue so we can go to bed happily with ICS dancing through our brains.

The issue is either the recovery or being unlocked. lets solve them both and be done with it.

YOU WILL WIPE ALL DATA. IF YOU HAVE A PH FILE ON THE SD CARD, GET RID OF IT

First off, start downloading this: RUU_Vigor_VERIZON_WWE_2.01.605.11_Radio_RS_0.95.00.1123r_3161E_9K_QMR_release_233635_signed.exe - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

That is GB, you need it.

Next, do you have adb installed? if so, get into fastboot, and run "fastboot oem lock" from there.

If you have no clue what I am talking about then lets go this way.

Download this: Android SDK | Android Developers

install it
open a command prompt (start---run---cmd). type "cd.." until the only thing you see is "C:\>"
next type "cd android"
you should see "C:\android>"

connect your device and get into hboot
go into fastboot
type fastboot oem lock

it is going to say relocked....this is a good thing

by now the download should be done.

Leave your phone in fastboot and double click on the exe file from your computer. Do not rename it, do not put it on the sd card. just run it like you are installing a program.

This will get you back to totally stock GB, including recovery.

let it run, when it is finished, reboot, and do an update check. You should be able to get the OTA.

I know this is a PITA, but it is what it is.

I will be here for awhile if you need help

Last edited:

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I just have to wait until I get home though, because all of the computers here are locked down...so I'll have to do it tomorrow.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok, now I type cd android but all I get it the system cannot find the path specified error

Sent using Tapatalk

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone got this procedure to properly work? I have been fighting it, even with the help from piizzadude, but I just cannot get it to work. When I try to run the RUU it tells me my phone is not connected to the computer, even though my phone says "FASTBOOT USB"....

I think I wore pizzadude out bombarding him with PMs. LOL I greatly appreciate his help, but I just cannot get it to work. My phone is having other issues anyway so I think I will call VZW tomorrow and get another phone sent out, that will be 3 for me.

I always wondered how people could go thru so many phones. Now I am one of them!

Best of luck to anyone else that tries this procedure!

joedirt2217

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to go back to GB after installing the leak? I thought you had to be S-OFF to do that. I am unrooted with S-ON, so I thought I'd try the steps listed in this post and got a bootloader error after starting the .exe update. I also tried flashing the last GB RUU and got a update error message "Main Version is older!" Has anyone been successful rolling back? Any help or answers would greatly be appreciated!

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey I get an error fastboot is not recognized as internal or external command blah blah....what did I do wrong? I am sure I installed all of the sdk correctly