Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Global??

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    lol.. you use the APN appropriate for your SIM. The SIM carrier should provide you with the appropriate APN information. If you are using a O2 SIM in the UK you would need the appropriate APN for that SIM.
    If I'm not mistaken, it was you who once kindly suggested the Offline APN SIM app. If you have it on your phone and run it, it states that your Verizon SIM has 10 associated APNs and suggests for you to pick one.

Global Posts
    1,179 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Default Re: Global??

Quote Originally Posted by Senechka View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, it was you who once kindly suggested the Offline APN SIM app. If you have it on your phone and run it, it states that your Verizon SIM has 10 associated APNs and suggests for you to pick one.
    Wait... are you talking about using an official Verizon Global SIM or your Verizon LTE SIM? I have never tried that app with any of those, it is not surprising to me that the CDMA versions could have multiple APNs, they could be geographically located or model specific or whatever, Verizon CDMA phones program themselves.

I have only done it with AT&T, T-Mobile, Net10/Straight Talk SIMs, any GSM SIM (Verizon SIMs are NOT GSM to my knowledge) all of those require you to enter the APN information yourself and the APN information is specific to the SIM and/or carrier.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Stock Lollipop with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12