Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By corki2
  • 1 Post By major payne
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Question Best Launcher for ICS??

I've been using Go Launcher Ex before the update for the extra features and I loved it even tho it's been acting a lil shaky..
    What is a good alternative for a stock Rezound now that we have ICS and have more choices? Nova? Apex?

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Default Re: Best Launcher for ICS??

I tried Nova, found it had a lot of refresh/redraw instances. Currently on Apex.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

Nova and apex. Pay for one and don't look back. They are both great. I paid for nova, let's you do some cool stuff, 1x1 widgets in the dock. Go still has the best transitions, and they all work on ics.
    SPOOOOON
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by OME6A View Post
    I tried Nova, found it had a lot of refresh/redraw instances. Currently on Apex.
    Go Launcher was doing the same thing. I sent them a complaint about that and they acknowledged it but that was about it. I'll check Apex out tho..

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

I use Nova. No issues for me. Best ICS experience IMO. I like that you can put widgets on your dock. I like Apex too, but it doesn't support dock Widgets.

Sent from my Polaroid PMID701i using Tapatalk 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Stock

I just hate not being able to use the stock HTC widgets. I wish HTC would make them stand-alone so we can still use them on other launchers..
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSeven View Post
    I just hate not being able to use the stock HTC widgets. I wish HTC would make them stand-alone so we can still use them on other launchers..
    Me too!

Sent from my Polaroid PMID701i using Tapatalk 2
    MarkSeven likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    Stock

Seems like Nova and Apex are the 2 top dawgs when it comes to ICS only launchers..

Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSeven View Post
    Seems like Nova and Apex are the 2 top dawgs when it comes to ICS only launchers..
    Yep, basically. I tried Nova and Apex on my original Incredible with ICS, and I found Apex faster / smoother...therefore better. Nova seemed to offer a bit more functionality, but sometimes less is more. I'm not using either on my Rezound yet, going to try to stay away as long as possible. Anyway, just some thoughts.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

Android pro widgets are food replacements to everything but the clock. The clock can be replaced with beautiful widgets.
    SPOOOOON
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,833 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

If it doesn't support Folders in the dock it's not good enough
    MarkSeven likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    If it doesn't support Folders in the dock it's not good enough
    I'm currently using Nova and I'm very happy!

It supports both widgets and folders in the dock..

Lego
    HTC ONE (M8 - HK edition)!

ChromeCast
    Nexus 7 (2012)

BB 6510>7510>8830>8330 Curve>9530 Storm> HTC Droid Incredible > HTC REZOUND!> HTC One (M8)
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by twolastnames View Post
    Android pro widgets are food replacements to everything but the clock. The clock can be replaced with beautiful widgets.
    I have Beautiful Widgets but ever since a few updates ago it only lets me view the skins I already have installed and then it's just blank under the other tabs. Can't download any new skins.
    I haven't checked out Android Pro Widgets yet.. at least I don't remember checking them out..
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jiml View Post
    Yep, basically. I tried Nova and Apex on my original Incredible with ICS, and I found Apex faster / smoother...therefore better. Nova seemed to offer a bit more functionality, but sometimes less is more. I'm not using either on my Rezound yet, going to try to stay away as long as possible. Anyway, just some thoughts.
    Yeah I know what u mean. The screen is beautiful on stock with it's own native widgets...

I was a long time fan on LauncherPro and it worked with GB but was way buggy on ICS, and since Fed as obviously abandoned the app I had to find a replacement. After testing Apex and Nova I have gone with Nova Prime, really liking it. Beautiful Widgets started getting buggy so I am now using One More Clock and Android Pro Widgets.
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by blastncast View Post
    I was a long time fan on LauncherPro and it worked with GB but was way buggy on ICS, and since Fed as obviously abandoned the app I had to find a replacement. After testing Apex and Nova I have gone with Nova Prime, really liking it. Beautiful Widgets started getting buggy so I am now using One More Clock and Android Pro Widgets.
    Yeah same here with Beautiful Widgets... won't let me see or download any of the skins.

Using Holo launcher right now.

Sent from a Rezound with tapatalk2

I have a question for this thread: As I was perusing the tech blogs today I noticed that Apex had launched a new beta based on JB code. I also found that Holo launcher has a HD version that is also based on the JB base code. Since most of us are going to be on ICS for a while, can we install these launchers and enjoy some JB goodness??

Thanks for your thoughts...

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

It says holo hd is for ics so you should be able to use it. But there is not much difference in this than nova or apex, except maybe the 10 x10 grid.
    SPOOOOON
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Apex

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by nica7 View Post
    I have a question for this thread: As I was perusing the tech blogs today I noticed that Apex had launched a new beta based on JB code. I also found that Holo launcher has a HD version that is also based on the JB base code. Since most of us are going to be on ICS for a while, can we install these launchers and enjoy some JB goodness??

Thanks for your thoughts...
    Jelly bean style, but nothing under the hood, it will be cosmetic

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    nica7