Better battery on ICS.....

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, I am getting much better battery life now. I have made it to the end of work almost...still at 14%. Still have one hour and twenty minutes til I get off work. Phone will be in my pocket rest of time so it should make it to 2am and the ride home. Better than I have gotten in a long time. Using stock battery tonight, not the extended...

View attachment 33514

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Lucky for you! Mine seems to be worse than ever from the update! I unplugged it when I got up from work, put the screen on once to check the time, placed one 2 min call to my husband and 1.5 hours later it was down to 75% already. If I'm actively using it, it drops one percent per minute. Ridiculous. Anybody else having any battery draining issues?

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, my battery life has definitely improved. Went to bed last night with 50% charge left. Usually I would plug it in and charge overnight cause if I didn't I would wake up with a charge in the low to mid 30% range. Woke up this morning after 8 hours of non-use and the battery only lost 8%. Been browsing forums this morning for over 30 minutes and have lost only 3%. BTW, using extended battery.

Sent from somewhere

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My battery is not doing so well and I am trying to cycle it to see if it is going to improve.

I drained it to 5 percent two nights ago and then charged it up. Last night at 23 percent I turned off the display and went to sleep. I woke up six hours later and it was completely dead and it is taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r to charge back to 100 percent. And this is weird because I have been trying to keep the display off as much as possible and just a few minutes ago it said 90 percent (after five hours of charging) and suddenly it is at 100 percent.

I am going to pull it of the charger now and see how long it takes to drain.

BrentA

May 29, 2012
Visit site
My battery life hasn't been as good too since getting the OTA. I ran my phone down to 8% last night and then charged it over night. Did a FDR and set up my phone prior to placing on charger last night. Battery life is just as bad this morning as I used 15% in about an hour (while on wifi). I guess I will let it cycle a couple of times to see if it improves.

Also, I noticed my Quadrant scores are the same on ICS as on GB...around 2300 - 2500 (before and after FDR). A couple of my co-workers have Rezounds and are getting 3200 - 3300 with ICS. Anyone else noticing their score not improving on ICS?

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Did u guys and gals do any removing of the bloatware?head back over to the Google play store go to settings disable admobs,and have u done a battery pull since the ora,disable fastboot.

sent from my iced up&jellybeanless,HTC REZOUND

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Did u guys and gals do any removing of the bloatware?head back over to the Google play store go to settings disable admobs,and have u done a battery pull since the ora,disable fastboot.

O.t.a

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
My battery has been amazing. Did a lot of disabling and bump charging.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

deep_groove

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I never had a problem with battery life to begin with, but I do believe things have gotten a bit better (certainly no worse) with the update and a few days behind me.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I never had a problem with battery life to begin with, but I do believe things have gotten a bit better (certainly no worse) with the update and a few days behind me.

Not a chance that my phone could last 18 hours, unless wifi and the display were turned off the entire time.

deep_groove

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Not a chance that my phone could last 18 hours, unless wifi and the display were turned off the entire time.

I used to keep wifi on 24/7 because I was told it would save battery life. I also kept the phone restricted to 3G for the same reason. But now I keep it 4G all day and I can't tell a difference! I have also noticed that 4G stays constant; no dropping to 3G or less since the update.

Interestingly, my boss and I both got this phone at the end of December and he has gone through 3 refurbs (bad speaker, bad battery, dropped calls, etc...) and now has the RAZR. I still have my original phone. No real issues. So I really believe I lucked out and got the opposite of a lemon.

tm1618

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
In case y'all didn't know ICS had a default option under apps manager to disable apps. You can disable all the bloatware in there. Also use GSam battery monitor and find out what Alps are being use. I promise you guys its NOT ICS draining your battery. Google maps was killing my battery on the last update so I removed it and installed an old one. Back to normal after that.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I used to keep wifi on 24/7 because I was told it would save battery life. I also kept the phone restricted to 3G for the same reason. But now I keep it 4G all day and I can't tell a difference! I have also noticed that 4G stays constant; no dropping to 3G or less since the update.

Interestingly, my boss and I both got this phone at the end of December and he has gone through 3 refurbs (bad speaker, bad battery, dropped calls, etc...) and now has the RAZR. I still have my original phone. No real issues. So I really believe I lucked out and got the opposite of a lemon.

What uses most of my battery is the display. The wifi uses some and I stay on wifi because I went to the shared data plan. I suppose I could dim my display, but it is on automatic and in a bright room it is only on half bright.

If my phone sits with the display off, in 3G, no wifi but with GPS on, I lose about 35-45 precent of my battery in seven and a half hours.

I can't turn everything off, or why even have the phone? These phones are meant for multi tasking and heavy use. The basic Rezound battery fails to keep up with the jobs at hand.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My battery life hasn't been as good too since getting the OTA. I ran my phone down to 8% last night and then charged it over night. Did a FDR and set up my phone prior to placing on charger last night. Battery life is just as bad this morning as I used 15% in about an hour (while on wifi). I guess I will let it cycle a couple of times to see if it improves.

Also, I noticed my Quadrant scores are the same on ICS as on GB...around 2300 - 2500 (before and after FDR). A couple of my co-workers have Rezounds and are getting 3200 - 3300 with ICS. Anyone else noticing their score not improving on ICS?
My battery life seems to be a little better, but ICS in general seems to handle battery management better than GB but it doesn't differently... ICS "learns" you habits, and if you use your phone very frequently, it doesn't stop/close services as much and keeps them running... if your phone sits in your pocket for hours at a time, it shuts down more and more stuff to conserve power.

As far as Quandrant scores go, it is very inconsistent unless you can keep the conditions the same for each test... I prefer to use ATK or ES Task Manager just after reboot, and before starting any other apps, then let it sit a minute or two (two lets essential killed tasks restart) then run either Quadrant or AnTuTu Benchmarck and have consistently noticed between 20% and 35% increase in scores over GB.

PhoneJunkie

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is horrible since the update, and as others have stated, it's charging much slower than before. One other thing I've noticed, is my phone is running much warmer than it was before the update. I'm wondering if I should do a factory reset? I've heard before, that it can help after updates, but I'm not really sure.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is horrible since the update, and as others have stated, it's charging much slower than before. One other thing I've noticed, is my phone is running much warmer than it was before the update. I'm wondering if I should do a factory reset? I've heard before, that it can help after updates, but I'm not really sure.

The charging is slower than slow. With my display on and it charging, it took five hours to charge like 45 percent. I said to hell with that. I put in my spare charged battery and put the one from the phone in the charger. Geez, really ... five hours for 45 percent!? My battery never took that long to charge.

Love my phone ... don't love the battery! And I will give the Maxx credit for setting a new standard in battery life. Let's hope HTC catches on in the future!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan