Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Preparing for new Rezound

My headphone jack quit working on Friday. Verizon is shipping me a new Rezound, and it should arrive tomorrow. Is there any foolproof way to transfer all of my data (SMS/MMS messages, call logs, settings, apps) from the faulty phone to the new one? If possible, I would like to have my replacement device looking/running exactly like the original. I'm completely stock, but open to simple hacks or modifications as long as someone can provide a walkthrough that a newbie like me is capable of understanding.

Sorry if this is a repeated thread! I did take a look through the forums, but even instant gratification isn't fast enough for me! Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Sent from my Asus Transformer Prime using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Preparing for new Rezound

Check out My Backup by Rerware: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.MyBackup

It's a 30 day trial of My Backup Pro which can backup quite a few things even on a non-rooted phone. For more info on how it works, see their User Guide here: http://www.rerware.com/Android-Backu...pUserGuide.pdf
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I actually downloaded that yesterday! I made a backup of my SMS/MMS messages and call logs, but couldn't find any confirmation that it worked on the Rezound running ICS. Do you know if it keeps the original message timestamps?

Sent from my Asus Transformer Prime using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Viper

the only way to really get everything is by rooting, but you might want to avoid that sense you are sending it in. Contacts can be backed up with google

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

Default Re: Preparing for new Rezound

Quote Originally Posted by DillonRichey View Post
    I actually downloaded that yesterday! I made a backup of my SMS/MMS messages and call logs, but couldn't find any confirmation that it worked on the Rezound running ICS. Do you know if it keeps the original message timestamps?
    Sorry, not sure as those are two things I don't back up with the app.