Thank goodness for unlimited data!

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
LOL, to be honest, most of it is actually from right here via Tapatalk!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am at 0.054 GB (my portion only on shared data) on day nine of my billing cycle. I'm saving $60 a month since switching from the unlimited plan.

I know the shared plan doesn't work for everyone. It does work for me.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
your usage would be covered under the lowest tier share everything data bracket. I used 6000% the data that you use.

TauntingBull

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Burn that data dude..... ever since VZ has stopped upgrades on unlimited data plans, i have not switched my Wi-Fi on at all... they can choose to limit my upgrades and i can choose to burn their data....

Reactions: davetv77 and GC736

ViolinKnits

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I supposedly used about 12 GB last cycle, although my phone had a lower number. I did notice the phone started telling me I was reaching a preset limit. I don't have one. I think Big Red hacked the data manager somehow. I don't have a TV, so I'm using the 4G to my advantage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I got used to being on wifi because 4G is still not available where I live or work and the wifi is faster, plus my family is on Latitude and Latitude works better on wifi. Through my use of wifi, I realized that I could save a bunch of money each month with the shared plan. I know ... It?s like I am a picket line crosser, voluntarily switching from unlimited to shared. However, not giving Verizon an extra $720 a year was just too tempting to turn down.

I have Century Link Internet and we are limited to 250 GBs a month, but Century Link does not provide a usage tool so I have no idea how much data I actually use because I can stream Netflix and Amazon movies from my TV. I also watch a lot of movies on DirecTV. I use data in that way too, it just doesn't really count. I am also online constantly, between my computer tower, laptop and tablet ... and phone.

Soooooooooooooooo, I am not truly a data lightweight. I just spread out my usage among a number of carriers.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
your usage would be covered under the lowest tier share everything data bracket. I used 6000% the data that you use.

I actually selected the 4 GB package, and that was so that I could have some fun with hotspot from time to time. I've got three smartphones on my plan and we didn't even use an entire GB between us during our last cycle ... LOL! Ok, I must preface by saying that one of the smartphones on my plan is my mom's and the only reason she is on a smartphone is so that we can stalk her on Latitude ... which is one of the reasons the shared plan works for me. I was paying $30 a month for her to stalk us back!

And of course, as I explained in my previous post, the other two smartphones that actually multi function beyond Latitude are on wifi all the time.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I got used to being on wifi because 4G is still not available where I live or work and the wifi is faster, plus my family is on Latitude and Latitude works better on wifi. Through my use of wifi, I realized that I could save a bunch of money each month with the shared plan. I know ... It?s like I am a picket line crosser, voluntarily switching from unlimited to shared. However, not giving Verizon an extra $720 a year was just too tempting to turn down.

I have Century Link Internet and we are limited to 250 GBs a month, but Century Link does not provide a usage tool so I have no idea how much data I actually use because I can stream Netflix and Amazon movies from my TV. I also watch a lot of movies on DirecTV. I use data in that way too, it just doesn't really count. I am also online constantly, between my computer tower, laptop and tablet ... and phone.

Soooooooooooooooo, I am not truly a data lightweight. I just spread out my usage among a number of carriers.

Yeah, some people like you gain from switching to share everything plans. Me, even if i selected the lowest tier data, I would still be losing $60 or more each month if I were to switch to share everything plans, which is over 40% more. And that doesn't factor in my regular data usage. If i could save $60 a month like you, I would be willing to sacrifice some data, but for me, switching is a lose-lose proposition.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Umm I have centrylink also and i have never been limited to 250 and trust me I can go over easy

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow, none of you use much data. Maybe I'm the data hog but if my data use isn't over 12GB a month I'd be shocked. And mostly all I'm doing is streaming music/video.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am with you on that. I have been using roughly 12-14 gigs myself, and the other four phones use about 4. 20 gigs is about right.... That is why we would lose out on shared data

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton