Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By matt2727
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default authorize HTC sense to access facebook

Multiple times a day i am asked to authorize htc sense to access facebook data even though i have authorized it many times. Why is this? Also i have the latest update.

Default Re: authorize HTC sense to access facebook

The latest update is the issue...

I have reverted back to Facebook version 1.8.4, which solved my problem with this issue...

If you can't find it out here in the forum, just uninstall facebook back to the original version on the phone (1.8.1) and don't update till a new version is available..

Lego
    HTC ONE (M8)!

ChromeCast
    Nexus 7 (2012)

BB 6510>7510>8830>8330 Curve>9530 Storm> HTC Droid Incredible > HTC REZOUND!> HTC One (M8)
    Thanked by:

I solved this by disabling Facebook by HTC and /or HTCsync. I forget if it comes stock, but you should have a non-HTC Facebook app or be able to download it from the Play store.

Sent from my Rezound using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Disable everything Facebook related in Apps (if you're on ICS), and then download Tinfoil for Facebook.

Have you tried closing your Facebook account?

G+ FTW!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)
    Dell XPS 12 (great Ultrabook convertible for mobile work!)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

If you uninstall the FB update it will stop. You'll be prompted to update by the market but that isn't as bad as the constant Authorize HTC issue.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    Have you tried closing your Facebook account?
    What sucks is that you can only deactivate an account, not delete it.

Sent from a Rezound with tapatalk 2

HTC xl sensation

Your phone more than likely has an app called Frend Stream which uses info from your facebook account. Go to;
    Facebook,
    Account,
    Acct Settings,
    Apps,
    Platform,
    On

Help i have a HTC explorer i want to upload a video to facebook please help as soon as possible it keeps saying you need to authorize HTC sence and I don't know how to do that. From Bec Hooper

Global Posts
    1,077 Global Posts
    ROM
    Beanstalk with Hells-Core

Quote Originally Posted by princessbec View Post
    Help i have a HTC explorer i want to upload a video to facebook please help as soon as possible it keeps saying you need to authorize HTC sence and I don't know how to do that. From Bec Hooper
    Did you try the previous post just before yours? You have to go to Facebook on a computer and do that, if "Platform" option is missing then it is turned on already and will say something like "Use apps, plugins, games and websites on Facebook and elsewhere? ON - Edit" meaning it is already on. Then scroll down to find HTC Sense in the list and make sure it is not set to something like Public or Friends of Friends. Good idea to install the latest Facebook on your phone and not use the embedded FB support as well (disable it if you can).

hi

I have a htc one x mobile. recently I can not to access facebook and it does eror Please authrize htc sence .Please guide me how to do it?
    thanks

best regards
    maryam

I have a htc sensation z710e mobile. recently I can not to access facebook and it does eror Please authrize htc sence .Please guide me how to do it?

Salam Maryam
    u jus do 1 Thing jus Update ur Face Book manually from Aap Store than c Wht u Find
    Last edited by Swt Sam; 05-31-2013 at 05:28 AM.

i have htc sensestion please help me to authorize HTC sense to access facebook

Kindly authorise HTC sence to access face book a/c.

Quote Originally Posted by Legobricke View Post
    The latest update is the issue...

I have reverted back to Facebook version 1.8.4, which solved my problem with this issue...

If you can't find it out here in the forum, just uninstall facebook back to the original version on the phone (1.8.1) and don't update till a new version is available..

Lego