Verizon temporarily out of refurb Rezound,offering Razr

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I called in about my rezound and they said that they are out of clnr for now and they can offer the razr or i can wait until they get more rezound in stock.

I always wanted to try a razr, so should be interesting.
I

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I called in about my rezound and they said that they are out of clnr for now and they can offer the razr or i can wait until they get more rezound in stock.

I always wanted to try a razr, so should be interesting.
I

I read a post on the Verizon site about a person activating a replacement phone and losing the unlimited data because of the change in the system. Be careful and I am no expert, so let me ask if you can just swap out your sim card and avoid activating a replacement?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I activated a micro sim for my gs3 after 6/28 and unlimited data remained. I am not worried, I know if Verizon messes up, that I could ger unlimited data plan back, though might take some fighting. I am used to it though as verizon has already attempted to pull a bait and switch on me several times.

To answer your question, yes, you can just move the sim to a new phone, no need for activation. However, depending on the sim on the phone, you may need to cut or use an adapter. For example, rezound to rezound is a direct swap. Rezound to razr requires trimming the sim. Razr back to rezound requires an adapter.

BullFrog76

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to go the store and get a new sim if needed and no worry of losing unlimited data. Your not changing your plan. Just a phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

bbxtwo

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I called in today because they sent me a bionic as a replacment by "mistake". so they did say today they were out of stock and took a razr instead, they had no maxx's in stock as well, rep said nothing about losing unlimited data. i switched 9 phones already, 3 gnex and 6 rezounds so i doubt you''ll lose unlimited from switching phones.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
They sent me a droid charge as a replacement for a thunderbolt one time -.-.

I just traded my rezound for a razr, I am actually much happier despite development being less, although now the bootloader is cracked so razr development will skyrocket.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Let me know when they're replacing them with the Maxx rather than the original Razr O:)

Any option to switch to another phone is a ymmv. Depends on stock at the time, what your account allows for (not really sure how this is determined), and how the csr is. The system will offer the csr a choice of phones that it would allow, anything other than that would typically require manager approval, which many csr are reluctant to do.

BullFrog76

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I've tried that. Doesn't work. The system automatically orders what phone you have now.

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I've tried that. Doesn't work. The system automatically orders what phone you have now.

Wrong. I've replaced many phones with a different model. If you complain enough you can make it happen. I even got my friend a 6 month early upgrade on her OG Droid to GS3 to avoid losing unlimited data.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ymmv, of course, but there are many who have gotten different phones . Selection varies, some people are offered more phone choices than others, i am not sure how it is determined. Default is to give you the phone that you have, so of course, ymmv.
I've tried that. Doesn't work. The. system automatically orders what phone you have now.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I would never recommend having 9 replacements. Rule of thumb is no more than 3. That's ridiculous! I wonder if its like new cars. Best built are on Wed. Lol. Thats what my grandfather used to say.

sent from my Rezound

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't VZW have some type of policy where they'll offer you a different device after 5 or so returns? Thought I remember reading that in the past.

Still very happy with the Rez here, and no issues to speak of rather than the ever so common bit of light leakage around the bottom of the bezel but that's mostly resolved with the dimming of the capacitive button mod anyway. I probably won't be tempted to get a new phone until the next Nexus rolls around, or at least a phone with the LTE compatible Tegra cpu's.

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there's a set policy of number of returns. I'm sure if you've exchanged it 5 times then it would give you a strong case to ask for a different device. As for me, I exchanged a Bionic for a Rezound which then was exchanged for a Galaxy Nexus all on the first try. Depends on the CSR and how persistent and adamant you are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463