Factory reset after ICS

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Settings...storage....factory reset

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
It is "questionable" as to whether this method actually wipes the Dalvik Cache, and that is a very important part to wipe clean when going from GB to ICS.

The preferred method to Factory Reset is to perform it from hboot... Go into Settings->Power and disable Fastboot, then power off, wait until the red capacitive keys go out, then hold VOL DOWN and press POWER and continue to hold VOL DOWN until the hboot menu starts comes up then release it, then in the menu select FACTORY RESET and it will do a very thorough wipe of all non-firmware areas of the device.

geronimo48

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I just did a data reset yesterday and it produced some great improvements. The process of re-installing apps wasn't so bad, but there is one thing I'd like to know for when I reset again. I use the music player that came with the phone (called Music) and I have around 1200 songs and other audio files arranged into playlists. All of this is stored on my 16-GB SD card. After the reset all of my audio files were still there, but my playlists were gone. I have them all set up again, but I'd like to know if there is a way to back them up. My phone is not rooted.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Geronimo, Look into MyBackup Pro It allows you to back up your phone without root. Of course with root you have a larger range but it might be able to help you with playlists at least.

geronimo48

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I found an app called Playlist Backup, which seems to work well. It even connects to a Dropbox account. I'm going to be READY next time!

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know what RECOVERY does in the hboot menu I was trying to wipe my cache yesterday and selected recovery by mistake and it wiped everything of the phone like a factory reset so is there a difference between the two

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know what RECOVERY does in the hboot menu I was trying to wipe my cache yesterday and selected recovery by mistake and it wiped everything of the phone like a factory reset so is there a difference between the two

Recovery in hboot is supposed to be a way to flash official updates manually, it shouldn't do a factory reset itself (I don't think).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36