List of VZ bloatware to disable in ICS

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Unless you're rooted I don't think that there'll be much Verizon-labeled bloatware (ex. Verizon Navigator) that you can disable. Most of that is 'system' software. However, stuff like 'Let's Golf 2' can certainly be disabled. See http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=191628

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok...

Here is what I have disabled without issue...

Remember that you may have to uninstall any updates that these app have before you can disable..

Amazon Kindle
Apps
Blockbuster
Flickr
Hot Pursuit
Let's Golf 2 HD
Nfl Mobile
Peep
Polaris Office
Slacker Radio
V CAST Music
Verizon Video
Video Surf
VZ Navigator
Watch

Lego

skyjjc

May 2, 2011
Visit site
For me, if I disable Verizon Navigator, my gps performance tanks in all applications. Re-enableing Verizon Navigaor fixs that problem even though I never use Verizon Navigator.

Is their a trick to keeping GPS performance with Verizon Navigator disabled?

JCinSD

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So helpful, thank you! It's always the little things... I've been annoyed for so long by repeatedly having to choose default apps for navigation and car panel because of bloatware that I never used but didn't think I could disable. Removing updates was the missing link. Your list made it very easy to scroll through and nix others that weren't already on my radar. Thanks!