Need amon ra

HeatGuy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
So I downloaded the amon ra Rom because EVERY time my battery goes dead, I can't charge my phone without having to 'adb restart-bootloader' it from my computer, and even that takes some time to work sometimes. Anyway, I have Rom Manager Premium installed with Clockwork Mod Recovery. My question is, do I need to uninstall Rom Manager before flashing amon ra or is there something else I should do? I'm afraid that sooner or later my phone will die and I won't be around my computer to issue an adb command. From what I understand, using amon ra vs cwm will resolve my charging issues.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm relatively new to understanding roms so I will definitely appreciate any explanations as well.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my Rezound using Android Central Forums.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
You can adb push amon to your phone without doing anything else. Rom manager will not work, but it will solve your charging issue. There is a touch based recovery calked TWRP that's nice as well.

Reactions: HeatGuy

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Ack "fastboot flash recovery <name of your recovery file.img>"

AmonRa is a recovery partition not a ROM, it CANNOT be flashed like a ROM. You need to flash it in HBOOT.

Reactions: HeatGuy

HeatGuy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
So do I need to do anything to get rid of cwm? Should I?

Is there any point in keeping Rom Manager if I flash amon ra?

HeatGuy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Done. Rom Manager is gone.:thumbup: Does that mean cwm is gone too or do I need to do something to remove that as well? My assumption is that when I flash amon ra, it will overwrite cwm. Is that right? :banghead:

Last edited: