Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By acejavelin
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Friendstream widget issues after ICS

After the ICS update, the Friendstream widget doesn't manually update my Facebook feed, just my Twitter feed. I have to either refresh the widget by pushing the button under the widget feed, or open it up with the > button on the top right or opening up the Friendstream app in the app drawer.

Anyone else having this issues, and is there any known solution for this?

Thanks
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Friendstream widget issues after ICS

Anybody else have this issue?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by rstripes72071 View Post
    After the ICS update, the Friendstream widget doesn't manually update my Facebook feed, just my Twitter feed. I have to either refresh the widget by pushing the button under the widget feed, or open it up with the > button on the top right or opening up the Friendstream app in the app drawer.

Anyone else having this issues, and is there any known solution for this?

Thanks
    Nobody?

Global Posts
    1,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Nope, I don't use it anymore but you have to make sure sync is turned on in account settings.

Also, people have noted that the official Facebook Widget (part of the FB app) does not update correctly either, so it may be a larger issue.

This is a known issue and is fixed in the latest RUU (4.03.605.2).. I was having the same problem where Facebook in the Friendstream widget would only update if I manually refreshed using the button on the widget itself. Looks like HTC recently caught that and took care of it. You should be good to go on the next OTA update.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain75329 View Post
    This is a known issue and is fixed in the latest RUU (4.03.605.2).. I was having the same problem where Facebook in the Friendstream widget would only update if I manually refreshed using the button on the widget itself. Looks like HTC recently caught that and took care of it. You should be good to go on the next OTA update.
    That's good to hear. Now I have to decide whether to flash the RUU or wait for the official update...decisions, decisions...

Global Posts
    1,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Quote Originally Posted by rstripes72071 View Post
    That's good to hear. Now I have to decide whether to flash the RUU or wait for the official update...decisions, decisions...
    Depends entirely on how long you can wait, the OTA update is not expected until mid to late September... other wise grab the update here: [Exclusive Download] Full RUU Build 4.03.605.2 For The HTC Rezound

I really hope Verizon pushes this sooner, but there track record for this really sucks. The current version is the cause of many issues and leak fixes most of them for the majority of people
    rstripes72071 likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    Depends entirely on how long you can wait, the OTA update is not expected until mid to late September... other wise grab the update here: [Exclusive Download] Full RUU Build 4.03.605.2 For The HTC Rezound

I really hope Verizon pushes this sooner, but there track record for this really sucks. The current version is the cause of many issues and leak fixes most of them for the majority of people
    Thanks. I have to see if I can actually wait for the update. Patience is something I have a short supply of.