Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Default Re: New update pushing out to Rezound on West Coast as of 8/12/20

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    I'm just catching up here, but I pinged Verizon PR, and this is what I got back:

So, new update? Or old update?
    This is supposedly different then the one that they are speaking about which was the GB to ICS update..

The one being discussed here is a ICS -> ICS update
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

Is this just bringing the "global" functionality? Anything else?

That's great for those who need the phone globally.

sent from my Rezound
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by jiml View Post
    As observed by a helpful AP reader:

dsb9938 5 hours ago

Lots of changes. vending.apk is now phonesky.apk, implementation of framework2.jar, booksphone.apk is now bookstablet.apk, maps.apk is now gms_maps.apk, HTC MIM is gone, updated talk.apk, VCast Music is gone, movie editor added, com.verizon.phone.jar added.

Oh! And yes, in Mobile Network Setting you have the following preferred network options:

Global
    LTE/CDMA
    GSM/UMTS
    CDMA Only

D
    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)
    Dell XPS 12 (great Ultrabook convertible for mobile work!)

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Quote Originally Posted by jiml View Post
    Personally I don't know but i'm currently looking into it. It is a 100 meg patch so i doubt it's just the global stuff

I am looking forward to the update to Talk.

I hope the community at X-ray Delta Arsehole grows up. We need these devs.

I see a huge opportunity for Phil & AC to build a solid dev community that would foster the right environment for serious dev activity. Just takes a bit of marketing & networking.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    I am looking forward to the update to Talk.

I hope the community at X-ray Delta Arsehole grows up. We need these devs.

I see a huge opportunity for Phil & AC to build a solid dev community that would foster the right environment for serious dev activity. Just takes a bit of marketing & networking.
    I know what you mean but I think in order to really do that they would need to actually figure out how to control the chaos that happens.

Quick question: I'm unlocked, rooted, and s-on, but running the stock .12 rom (from android police). Will I get the update or do I need to flash the zip file floating around?

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Quote Originally Posted by BrentA View Post
    Quick question: I'm unlocked, rooted, and s-on, but running the stock .12 rom (from android police). Will I get the update or do I need to flash the zip file floating around?
    Unknown on if you will get the update. Assuming that it is a real update (most people say yes but you never know) then yes you should get it sooner then later.

I'm in the same place. I think we're going to have to flash, but I don't think there is a flash that works for us yet because we don't have S-off. I could be wrong.

Sent from my Rezound

Nothing yet for me. I'm on the west coast in Washington state

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Nothing east coast

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

The OP at X-ray Delta Arsehole said he is in tech support at the big red ... err ... Verizon. Maybe it will be a few days before customers get it. Wouldn't be surprised.

(damn auto-censor - no fun!)

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    Why don't you prove this then? I emailed HTC inquiring.

sent from my Rezound
    I said it LOOKS to be a fake. I did not state it as a fact. I based my statement on something that someone saw in the XDA thread and then pointed out. Their reasoning made sense. Now we know that I and the other guy was wrong. Good for you for being sammy aggressive and emailing them. Go take on the world tiger.

I was trying to push his buttons.
    Well ya failed. Your admitted troll-fu needs work. Thanks for the entertainment though.

Don't say something is fake without proof to back it up.
    And don't say something when your reading comprehension sucks.

And I will defend him!
    Brave brave internet warrior. I salute you, proud member of the 101st Chairborne Division.

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

Quote Originally Posted by HES View Post
    Brave brave internet warrior. I salute you, proud member of the 101st Chairborne Division.
    I lol'ed @ 101st Chairborne Division.
    yomonk1 likes this.

@HES, your last reference ,101st, will be lost on most who weren't/aren't prior military. Hooah!

Quote Originally Posted by corki2 View Post
    I'm in the same place. I think we're going to have to flash, but I don't think there is a flash that works for us yet because we don't have S-off. I could be wrong.

Sent from my Rezound
    In looking at the instructions over XDA, it looks like we flash the original .12 file from Android Police after re-locking...then flash the new OTA patch? Here are the instructions:

1. Install the ICS OTA full firmware.
    2. Boot it up at least once. I skipped setup and just let it boot.
    3. Extract the firmware.zip out and rename to PH98IMG.zip. (Don't remove it, just extract a copy.)
    4. Place the PH98IMG.zip on the SDCard.
    5. Rename the entire package to Update.zip and put it on the SDCard.
    6. Reboot to recovery (which should now be stock.)
    7. Press vol up and power.
    8. The update will start and patch your files.
    9. The phone will reboot to HBOOT and load the PH98IMG.zip file you put there.
    10. Vol up to install.
    11. PWR to reboot.
    12. Profit!

Now a lot of people are having problems getting it flashed when I read through the thread, so I will probably wait until the dust settles if my thought process above is correct.

In looking at the instructions over XDA, it looks like we flash the original .12 file from Android Police after re-locking...then flash the new OTA patch? Here are the instructions:

1. Install the ICS OTA full firmware.
    2. Boot it up at least once. I skipped setup and just let it boot.
    3. Extract the firmware.zip out and rename to PH98IMG.zip. (Don't remove it, just extract a copy.)
    4. Place the PH98IMG.zip on the SDCard.
    5. Rename the entire package to Update.zip and put it on the SDCard.
    6. Reboot to recovery (which should now be stock.)
    7. Press vol up and power.
    8. The update will start and patch your files.
    9. The phone will reboot to HBOOT and load the PH98IMG.zip file you put there.
    10. Vol up to install.
    11. PWR to reboot.
    12. Profit!

Now a lot of people are having problems getting it flashed when I read through the thread, so I will probably wait until the dust settles if my thought process above is correct.
    Thanks for taking the time to post this. I decided the same thing. I did go ahead and flash stock recovery, re-locked, and flashed the OTA (12) update again. Hoping maybe I will get the OTA. If not, the dust will have settled, things will be figured out and we'll have a clear and sound method to use. Right now it looks like hit or miss for people using this method. Mostly hit, but with my luck I'll get "borked" like the one guy did.

Quote Originally Posted by 318sugarhill View Post
    Recommendation:......STAY AWAY FROM THE XDA forum. You will read 15 pages of insults and doubters before you read anything substantial. So annoying.

Update is real and hopefully will be incorporated in a few roms, or simply rooted stock for us. It's amazing how I have to be reminded daily how many morons walk this earth.
    This is true when the Razr/Razr Maxx had the leaked ICS there were 10+ pages saying it was fake and call the person all kinds of names till it got all installed and you could get it your self!
    Banned

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

So has anyone gotten the patch? I'm sure its real just curious if they got the download pushed to there phone yet?

sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I decided the same thing. I did go ahead and flash stock recovery, re-locked, and flashed the OTA (12) update again. Hoping maybe I will get the OTA. If not, the dust will have settled, things will be figured out and we'll have a clear and sound method to use. Right now it looks like hit or miss for people using this method. Mostly hit, but with my luck I'll get "borked" like the one guy did.

By flashing the original .12, does that give you the stock recovery back? So it is as simple as re-locking and flashing .12, or do I have to flash the stock recovery first? Just making sure I understand exactly what you did to get back to stock.

By flashing the original .12, does that give you the stock recovery back? So it is as simple as re-locking and flashing .12, or do I have to flash the stock recovery first? Just making sure I understand exactly what you did to get back to stock.
    I flashed stock recovery first. I think it messes you up off you don't. Then I re-locked. Then I flashed 12. I read somewhere that I should be able to get the OTA by doing this. We'll see. I used Hasoon2000 all in one toolkit. I downloaded the stock recovery from a thread somewhere and followed Hasoon2000's instructions to flash my recovery, then I used it to relock. I used it to unlock, perm root and flash Amon Ra originally. What a great tool for beginners.

Quote Originally Posted by jphillips63 View Post
    So has anyone gotten the patch? I'm sure its real just curious if they got the download pushed to there phone yet?

sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2
    No but am sure we will have it.

sent from my Rezound
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I flashed stock recovery first. I think it messes you up off you don't. Then I re-locked. Then I flashed 12. I read somewhere that I should be able to get the OTA by doing this. We'll see. I used Hasoon2000 all in one toolkit. I downloaded the stock recovery from a thread somewhere and followed Hasoon2000's instructions to flash my recovery, then I used it to relock. I used it to unlock, perm root and flash Amon Ra originally. What a great tool for beginners.

Cool. Thanks. Do you remember where you downloaded the stock recovery from?
    Thanked by:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wb21d2gdurui2c6

Not sure where I got it from but I pulled the download link from my history. See if it works.

Thanked by:
    BrentA 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast