Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

Default Re: New update pushing out to Rezound on West Coast as of 8/12/20

If you just run the RUU, it puts you back to 100% stock. Hboot, recovery, rom, everything. Just make sure it starts, runs through the update once, reboots, then runs through the update a second time.
    Took the S4 update on purpose, so I could not mess with my phone.... so so so stupid.
    Thanked by:
    corki2 

Quote Originally Posted by twolastnames View Post
    If you just run the RUU, it puts you back to 100% stock. Hboot, recovery, rom, everything. Just make sure it starts, runs through the update once, reboots, then runs through the update a second time.
    I thought you had to use stock recovery to flash the RUU. Can you do it from Amon Ra? If so I sure wasted a lot of time to achieve the same result. I did freak out when it rebooted and then started updating again. It was a long few minutes.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

Download the ruu.zip, rename to PH98IMG.zip, but it on the root of the sd card, boot to hboot, let it do it's thing. No recovery needed. This was how I flashed the .10 leak. After though, you have to reflash a custom recovery if your going to install any roms. Ohh, and you have to be locked to do any of this... almost forgot the most important step.
    Took the S4 update on purpose, so I could not mess with my phone.... so so so stupid.
    Thanked by 2:
    BrentAcorki2 

Download the ruu.zip, rename to PH98IMG.zip, but it on the root of the sd card, boot to hboot, let it do it's thing. No recovery needed. This was how I flashed the .10 leak. After though, you have to reflash a custom recovery if your going to install any roms.
    I had Amon Ra recovery. When I held down the power and volume down buttons, I booted into Amon Ra. That's why I thought I had to flash the stock recovery first. It's there a way to get to hboot from Amon Ra recovery?

Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Under the developer menu you should have reboot bootloader. If not, you can always boot to the bootloader from recovery or android using ADB. (adb reboot bootloader)
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney
    Thanked by:
    corki2 

Download the ruu.zip, rename to PH98IMG.zip, but it on the root of the sd card, boot to hboot, let it do it's thing. No recovery needed. This was how I flashed the .10 leak. After though, you have to reflash a custom recovery if your going to install any roms. Ohh, and you have to be locked to do any of this... almost forgot the most important step.
    Then whatdo you need to do to flash the update? I know how to flash the .12 update from Android Police, I did that week.

I'm rooted, S-on, .12 and I have Hansoon's toolkit.

I just relocked my device and flashed .12 (was running .5) just so I could get this global update. And, of course, after doing all that it says there are no new updates available. Has anyone gotten it yet?
    Last edited by Xenutastic; 08-14-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenutastic View Post
    I just relocked my device and flashed .12 (was running .5) just so I could get this global update. And, of course, after doing all that it says there are no new updates available. Has anyone gotten it yet?
    I don't think it's being pushed to everyone yet.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

agreed - i suspect it's currently a soak test....haven't gotten it yet myself

Quote Originally Posted by corki2 View Post
    I don't think it's being pushed to everyone yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PreceptorJR View Post
    Then whatdo you need to do to flash the update? I know how to flash the .12 update from Android Police, I did that week.

I'm rooted, S-on, .12 and I have Hansoon's toolkit.
    I just re-locked using Hasoon Toolkit and flashed the .12 update. Everything is back to stock including the recovery...now I have to work up the cajones to flash the new OTA patch.

Here are the full instructions I posted last night in this thread that I copied from XDA (the steps above will get you through #2):

1. Install the ICS OTA full firmware.
    2. Boot it up at least once. I skipped setup and just let it boot.
    3. Extract the firmware.zip out and rename to PH98IMG.zip. (Don't remove it, just extract a copy.)
    4. Place the PH98IMG.zip on the SDCard.
    5. Rename the entire package to Update.zip and put it on the SDCard.
    6. Reboot to recovery (which should now be stock.)
    7. Press vol up and power.
    8. The update will start and patch your files.
    9. The phone will reboot to HBOOT and load the PH98IMG.zip file you put there.
    10. Vol up to install.
    11. PWR to reboot.
    12. Profit!

kind of scary, but, it works. It, also, did not wipe out my internal SD card, so, I didn't need to re-setup my phone.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Honestly recommend NOT trying to flash this unless you are very accustom to ripping apart an Update.Zip file and flashing hboot/recovery, firmware, and radios independently and are not worried if you brick your phone... several users on XDA have not everything "just right" and tried to flash this and have bricked their phones and had to get replacements (which VZW is out of the Rezound and pushing the Razr). The file was distributed to tear apart and look at, not just flash it up, although some advanced users have been able to do that.

Fair warning... proceed with caution... Your mileage may vary... yadda yadda yadda
    Thanked by:
    corki2 
    corki2, leroybrute and BrentA like this.

I couldn't agree more. The last thing on earth I want is a Razr!

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    Honestly recommend NOT trying to flash this unless you are very accustom to ripping apart an Update.Zip file and flashing hboot/recovery, firmware, and radios independently and are not worried if you brick your phone... several users on XDA have not everything "just right" and tried to flash this and have bricked their phones and had to get replacements (which VZW is out of the Rezound and pushing the Razr). The file was distributed to tear apart and look at, not just flash it up, although some advanced users have been able to do that.

Fair warning... proceed with caution... Your mileage may vary... yadda yadda yadda
    This for sure is the truth. I'll tell you all day to just flash an ruu, but would tell you on this one to sit it out so the smart guys can dumb it down for us mortals.
    corki2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentA View Post
    I just re-locked using Hasoon Toolkit and flashed the .12 update. Everything is back to stock including the recovery...now I have to work up the cajones to flash the new OTA patch.

Here are the full instructions I posted last night in this thread that I copied from XDA (the steps above will get you through #2):

1. Install the ICS OTA full firmware.
    2. Boot it up at least once. I skipped setup and just let it boot.
    3. Extract the firmware.zip out and rename to PH98IMG.zip. (Don't remove it, just extract a copy.)
    4. Place the PH98IMG.zip on the SDCard.
    5. Rename the entire package to Update.zip and put it on the SDCard.
    6. Reboot to recovery (which should now be stock.)
    7. Press vol up and power.
    8. The update will start and patch your files.
    9. The phone will reboot to HBOOT and load the PH98IMG.zip file you put there.
    10. Vol up to install.
    11. PWR to reboot.
    12. Profit!

Should I relock it and flash back to stock? Then wait for OTA and re-root? Is that the safest bet?

Quote Originally Posted by PreceptorJR View Post
    Should I relock it and flash back to stock? Then wait for OTA and re-root? Is that the safest bet?
    I think thats what I'm going to do. There is just too much risk involved.

Nothing yet, stock VZw Rezound in NYC.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

This appears to have been a beta/soak test and not a general release... so far only a tiny handful of people have gotten it, it is not expected to publicly roll out soon, also appears to have a couple bugs along with some fixes.

If anyone bricks their phone by running any update other than an official OTA, then they should man up and eat the cost. Everyone knows the risk of pushing any software that isn't an official OTA. Of course, if you get an official OTA and it bricks, then by all means, verizon should cover the replacement.

Thanked by:
    corki2 
    corki2 likes this.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

This appears to have been a beta/soak test and not a general release... so far only a tiny handful of people have gotten it, it is not expected to publicly roll out soon, also appears to have a couple bugs along with some fixes.
    I'm one of the lucky few that got it. Haven't found any issues with it, and the only change I've seen is the addition of the global capability.
    Thanked by:
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by Buickman View Post
    I'm one of the lucky few that got it. Haven't found any issues with it, and the only change I've seen is the addition of the global capability.
    Awesome!!! So you see nothing different? My understanding was that Mobile IM was removed (lots of people have it disabled), and Movie Editor added, and gTalk updated (think there was something else but I can't remember).

One user reported trouble changing wallpapers if they were not Live Wallpaper, seen that at all?

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Awesome!!! So you see nothing different? My understanding was that Mobile IM was removed (lots of people have it disabled), and Movie Editor added, and gTalk updated (think there was something else but I can't remember).

One user reported trouble changing wallpapers if they were not Live Wallpaper, seen that at all?
    Never used mobile IM, but yeah, it's gone now. Movie editor is also there now. Didn't even notice either until you mentioned it here. Functionally I notice zero difference besides the network select for the global features. You can force it to 3G only again (part of the global settings), I think that went away in the first ICS upgrade like the RAZR's did didn't it.
    acejavelin likes this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #73  

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by Buickman View Post
    Never used mobile IM, but yeah, it's gone now. Movie editor is also there now. Didn't even notice either until you mentioned it here. Functionally I notice zero difference besides the network select for the global features. You can force it to 3G only again (part of the global settings), I think that went away in the first ICS upgrade like the RAZR's did didn't it.
    OK, cool... so the rumors are true. BTW, the CDMA or CDMA/LTE options were there on the OTA ICS and the .12 RUU

Did you ever have the "heating" issue or 4G/3G drops on ICS? Some users have reported those are fixed as well, but if you never had them you wouldn't know I guess.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

OK, cool... so the rumors are true. BTW, the CDMA or CDMA/LTE options were there on the OTA ICS and the .12 RUU

Did you ever have the "heating" issue or 4G/3G drops on ICS? Some users have reported those are fixed as well, but if you never had them you wouldn't know I guess.
    I never turn off my 4G, I just know that some devices lost the 3G/4G toggle with ICS, but I never looked at mine after the intial ICS upgrade. My phone heats up when I use it heavily (streaming video, heavy tethering activity, ect), but nothing that any other phone doesn't do. My data connection was terrible pre ICS, always dropping out, but since has been flawless.
    Thanked by:
    acejavelin likes this.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

New RUU just released on Android Police of 4.3.605.2, available here:
    Thanked by 2:
    BrentATBolt 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast