Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Default Re: New update pushing out to Rezound on West Coast as of 8/12/20

Downloading it now. I'm gonna hold onto it until I read what changes are made. Not risking anything just to be one of the firsts, but I'm am looking forward to seeing if the new radio helps. My reception at work SUCKS.
    Devices:

Rooted HTC Droid Incredible
    Rooted Nook Color
    Rooted HTC Rezound
    Soon to be rooted Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Buickman View Post
    . You can force it to 3G only again (part of the global settings), I think that went away in the first ICS upgrade like the RAZR's did didn't it.
    Wait ... we have no 4G option when in global mode?

I know most of the world doesn't have 4G yet, but hell....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    Wait ... we have no 4G option when in global mode?

I know most of the world doesn't have 4G yet, but hell....

It wouldn't matter, no place else in the world to my knowledge is deploying LTE in the same chunk of the 700 band. The settings are "global, LTE/CDMA, GSM/UMTS, CDMA only". Then in GSM you can select GSM/UMTS, GSM only, or UMTS only.
    Thanked by:
    TBolt 

Just for kicks before bed, I checked for a software update. Got a server error. Maybe they are getting ready to release the bits!

Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #80  

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    Just for kicks before bed, I checked for a software update. Got a server error. Maybe they are getting ready to release the bits!

I used to get this off and on when ICS first started rolling out, my guess was it was because the update serves were so busy, but it might be just because of the Rezound, lots of other phones are getting updates this month too.
    Thanked by:
    TBolt 

I am waiting to see how the phone works when using AT&T or T Mobile sim. Will it be 3G only?? Will data work??

Sent using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #82  

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    I am waiting to see how the phone works when using AT&T or T Mobile sim. Will it be 3G only?? Will data work??

Sent using Tapatalk
    If you are wondering if you will get 4G service on AT&T, no you will not, the Rezound doesn't include the correct radios to work with AT&T's 4G service.

With a Verizon Global SIM data will work, I don't know if an AT&T/Tmobile SIM will work at all in the US.
    Thanked by:

GSM sims already work for voice. Hoping the update allows data as well. Mainly looking for the HSPA+ from AT&T. Just curious more than anything.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    jamzzs 
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Change logs and more info from release today on the v4.3.605.2 RUU:

Features/Enhancements

Global support enabled

Issues Resolved

Let’s Golf 2 v1.2.1
    Skype video call – color incorrect
    Lockup
    Mobile Hotspot shows incorrect number of devices
    Time displayed after powering off and then right back on
    BUA+ read requests
    BUA+ not displaying in Landscape mode
    Data stall
    Mobile IM removed
    Guided tour video can now be found in “Basic Set-up and Usage Videos”
    Location settings pop-up removed
    Data widget updated
    IPv6 default set to “Enabled”
    VMM version updated to 0.37
    Static IP
    VVM notification in “all Messages” tab after deleting
    VCAST Music – removed MP3 purchase references

We're also hearing that the end date for this trial is September 3rd - presumably, that means that if everything goes well, that's the date it's going to get approved and possibly roll out to everyone shortly after.
    Thanked by 7:

Thank you for updating us.

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    If you are wondering if you will get 4G service on AT&T, no you will not, the Rezound doesn't include the correct radios to work with AT&T's 4G service.

With a Verizon Global SIM data will work, I don't know if an AT&T/Tmobile SIM will work at all in the US.
    I travel occasionally to Latin America and would like to be able to buy a local sim card and make calls where I am working. My clients don't want to pay $2.50 to $3.00 per minute for my calls. I tried inserting a local sim while in Colombia before the ICS update and it wouldn't work. If anyone is able to confirm that a Mexican or Colombian sim works in a US-bought Rezound, please post results. Data and text would be a great plus, but I mainly need to make calls. Colombia GSM frequencies are: 850/1900; Mexico uses 1900. Thx
    Last edited by geronimo48; 08-17-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Did you switch to wcdma preferred in the secret menu, using lte onoff or phone info app, or some other method to get to the secret menu?

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo48 View Post
    I travel occasionally to Latin America and would like to be able to buy a local sim card and make calls where I am working. My clients don't want to pay $2.50 to $3.00 per minute for my calls. I tried inserting a local sim while in Colombia before the ICS update and it wouldn't work. If anyone is able to confirm that a Mexican or Colombian sim works in a US-bought Rezound, please post results. Data and text would be a great plus, but I mainly need to make calls. Colombia GSM frequencies are: 850/1900; Mexico uses 1900. Thx

I used *#*#4636#*#* and tried "World Phone" and everything with "GSM". All I got on screen was a message saying I could only make emergency calls.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

On this one guys I would say just wait. You can do damage. If you need world phone stuff there are better ways.

Thanked by 2:
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Ps.... With taking or trying to take the update certain frequencies will be blocked. They don't want you to use this on att, this update is meant for everywhere se but the us.

I appreciate your concern. I am just waiting for my turn at the newest update. After that I still won't know if I can use a Latin American sim until I go there again - unless someone else confirms one way or the other and posts. That's what I asked for.

ROM
    all stock

went back to my rezound last night been trying to get the new update since then
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #93  

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by omie19 View Post
    went back to my rezound last night been trying to get the new update since then
    It was just a OTA soak, if you want it now have to flash RUU from Android Police (4.3.605.2). OTA is not expected til mid to late September.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Ps.... With taking or trying to take the update certain frequencies will be blocked. They don't want you to use this on att, this update is meant for everywhere se but the us.

I figured they would block the use in the US. Would they unlock it for use in the US? I thought their policy was to unlock any phone upon asking after you've had it under contract for 3 months. I read an article comparing iphones on each carrier and the article was saying Sprint would unlock any phone under contract, Verizon said any phone that has been under contract at least 3 months, and ATT stated any phone after the contract was up. I wonder if their policy changed, or if the article was bogus.
    Devices:

Rooted HTC Droid Incredible
    Rooted Nook Color
    Rooted HTC Rezound
    Soon to be rooted Galaxy S4

Awesome!!! So you see nothing different? My understanding was that Mobile IM was removed (lots of people have it disabled), and Movie Editor added, and gTalk updated (think there was something else but I can't remember).

One user reported trouble changing wallpapers if they were not Live Wallpaper, seen that at all?
    ==========
    The wallpaper problem turned out to be a bad Titanium restore....accidently restored a stock GB wallpaper app. A quick reflash fixed it when I discovered what I had done. It has been perfect since. Still haven't tried the ".2" version...this one is working fine. I will probably update again when the official full update drops.

Sent from my HTC Rezound / ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk v2.2.7

I had to call Verizon today about something else and in the course of conversation I had asked when the update on the ICS for global, etc was being released. They do have note of it but no release date yet. It is coming. Just don't know when. I am patient. I do believe it is coming.
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Thanked by:
    pcabe5 
    skatergirl likes this.

I will be glad to see if it improves the radios any. My 4g is a little spotty at times but we just got 4g a month ago. Maybe just some links to work out.

Any update to this latest push?

Odd ball question, since I updated, when I check manually for a new upgrade, it doesn't show the 4G like it used too. Is that normal. Outside of that, my phone is smooth.

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #100  

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by pcabe5 View Post
    Any update to this latest push?
    Answer was back about 5 posts or so ago (Post #93)...

It was just a OTA soak, if you want it now have to flash RUU from Android Police (4.3.605.2). OTA is not expected til mid to late September.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast