New update pushing out to Rezound on West Coast as of 8/12/2012

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I am waiting to see how the phone works when using AT&T or T Mobile sim. Will it be 3G only?? Will data work??

Sent using Tapatalk

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: New update pushing out to Rezound on West Coast as of 8/12/20

I am waiting to see how the phone works when using AT&T or T Mobile sim. Will it be 3G only?? Will data work??

Sent using Tapatalk
If you are wondering if you will get 4G service on AT&T, no you will not, the Rezound doesn't include the correct radios to work with AT&T's 4G service.

With a Verizon Global SIM data will work, I don't know if an AT&T/Tmobile SIM will work at all in the US.

Reactions: geronimo48

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
GSM sims already work for voice. Hoping the update allows data as well. Mainly looking for the HSPA+ from AT&T. Just curious more than anything.

Sent using Tapatalk

Reactions: jamzzs

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Change logs and more info from AndroidPolice release today on the v4.3.605.2 RUU:

Features/Enhancements

Global support enabled

Issues Resolved

Let’s Golf 2 v1.2.1
Skype video call – color incorrect
Lockup
Mobile Hotspot shows incorrect number of devices
Time displayed after powering off and then right back on
BUA+ read requests
BUA+ not displaying in Landscape mode
Data stall
Mobile IM removed
Guided tour video can now be found in “Basic Set-up and Usage Videos”
Location settings pop-up removed
Data widget updated
IPv6 default set to “Enabled”
VMM version updated to 0.37
Static IP
VVM notification in “all Messages” tab after deleting
VCAST Music – removed MP3 purchase references

We're also hearing that the end date for this trial is September 3rd - presumably, that means that if everything goes well, that's the date it's going to get approved and possibly roll out to everyone shortly after.

geronimo48

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

If you are wondering if you will get 4G service on AT&T, no you will not, the Rezound doesn't include the correct radios to work with AT&T's 4G service.

With a Verizon Global SIM data will work, I don't know if an AT&T/Tmobile SIM will work at all in the US.

I travel occasionally to Latin America and would like to be able to buy a local sim card and make calls where I am working. My clients don't want to pay $2.50 to $3.00 per minute for my calls. I tried inserting a local sim while in Colombia before the ICS update and it wouldn't work. If anyone is able to confirm that a Mexican or Colombian sim works in a US-bought Rezound, please post results. Data and text would be a great plus, but I mainly need to make calls. Colombia GSM frequencies are: 850/1900; Mexico uses 1900. Thx

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Did you switch to wcdma preferred in the secret menu, using lte onoff or phone info app, or some other method to get to the secret menu?

I travel occasionally to Latin America and would like to be able to buy a local sim card and make calls where I am working. My clients don't want to pay $2.50 to $3.00 per minute for my calls. I tried inserting a local sim while in Colombia before the ICS update and it wouldn't work. If anyone is able to confirm that a Mexican or Colombian sim works in a US-bought Rezound, please post results. Data and text would be a great plus, but I mainly need to make calls. Colombia GSM frequencies are: 850/1900; Mexico uses 1900. Thx

geronimo48

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

I used *#*#4636#*#* and tried "World Phone" and everything with "GSM". All I got on screen was a message saying I could only make emergency calls.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Ps.... With taking or trying to take the update certain frequencies will be blocked. They don't want you to use this on att, this update is meant for everywhere se but the us.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

geronimo48

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

I appreciate your concern. I am just waiting for my turn at the newest update. After that I still won't know if I can use a Latin American sim until I go there again - unless someone else confirms one way or the other and posts. That's what I asked for.

omie19

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

went back to my rezound last night been trying to get the new update since then

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
went back to my rezound last night been trying to get the new update since then

It was just a OTA soak, if you want it now have to flash RUU from Android Police (4.3.605.2). OTA is not expected til mid to late September.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

Ps.... With taking or trying to take the update certain frequencies will be blocked. They don't want you to use this on att, this update is meant for everywhere se but the us.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I figured they would block the use in the US. Would they unlock it for use in the US? I thought their policy was to unlock any phone upon asking after you've had it under contract for 3 months. I read an article comparing iphones on each carrier and the article was saying Sprint would unlock any phone under contract, Verizon said any phone that has been under contract at least 3 months, and ATT stated any phone after the contract was up. I wonder if their policy changed, or if the article was bogus.

manbat2

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Awesome!!! So you see nothing different? My understanding was that Mobile IM was removed (lots of people have it disabled), and Movie Editor added, and gTalk updated (think there was something else but I can't remember).

One user reported trouble changing wallpapers if they were not Live Wallpaper, seen that at all?

==========
The wallpaper problem turned out to be a bad Titanium restore....accidently restored a stock GB wallpaper app. A quick reflash fixed it when I discovered what I had done. It has been perfect since. Still haven't tried the ".2" version...this one is working fine. I will probably update again when the official full update drops.

Sent from my HTC Rezound / ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk v2.2.7

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

I had to call Verizon today about something else and in the course of conversation I had asked when the update on the ICS for global, etc was being released. They do have note of it but no release date yet. It is coming. Just don't know when. I am patient. I do believe it is coming.

Reactions: pcabe5

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I will be glad to see if it improves the radios any. My 4g is a little spotty at times but we just got 4g a month ago. Maybe just some links to work out.

medic673

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Odd ball question, since I updated, when I check manually for a new upgrade, it doesn't show the 4G like it used too. Is that normal. Outside of that, my phone is smooth.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85