Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By TitaniumMan
  • 1 Post By sweaner
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how to fixed slightly scratched screen?

title says it all. Any suggestions?

Try using microfiber cloth to clean the screen,usually works..

Sent from my Nexus One using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

Default Re: how to fixed slightly scratched screen?

Pop a screen protector on it.

ROM
    Stock

Those answers are to PREVENT it from scratching. I believe the man wants to FIX the scratch. I also have a small scratch on my screen I would like to get rid of.. but I don't think it's fixable.. Damn non-Gorilla glass screen..

Go to automotive store and pick up a bottle of scratch removal. 3M brand polish is probably the best out there. Get the one say removes 1500 - 2000 grit sand paper removal.

Get a micro fiber cloth, and slowly work into the scratch with the polish and slowly buff it.

If the scratches are light, this will work, if their deep only replacing the screen is only solution.

Use small drops of the polish or have potential of goozing into the edges of the screen and you will not be able to remove the polish without disassembly.

Good luck and take your time.

FYI, I tried this and it does work only on light scratches..
    Thanked by:
    TBolt 

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSeven View Post
    Those answers are to PREVENT it from scratching. I believe the man wants to FIX the scratch. I also have a small scratch on my screen I would like to get rid of.. but I don't think it's fixable.. Damn non-Gorilla glass screen..

BTW, Rezound does have gorilla glass. Not sure why you think it does not.

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TitaniumDroid View Post
    BTW, Rezound does have gorilla glass. Not sure why you think it does not.
    Because it doesn't have Gorilla Glass...don't know who lied to you or where you got your misinformation from.

Anyways, I just ordered a replacement screen digitizer for someone else's Rezound on E-Bay. Costs about $20 and comes with adhesive and tools to DIY.

Quote Originally Posted by Cares View Post
    Because it doesn't have Gorilla Glass...don't know who lied to you or where you got your misinformation from.

Anyways, I just ordered a replacement screen digitizer for someone else's Rezound on E-Bay. Costs about $20 and comes with adhesive and tools to DIY.
    You right, its not "gorilla glass". Oops.

They used an alternate for their glass on this model.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by TitaniumDroid View Post
    You right, its not "gorilla glass". Oops.

They used an alternate for their glass on this model.
    "Alternative" glass = Cheaper glass

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSeven View Post
    "Alternative" glass = Cheaper glass
    = scratches easily...

Sent from a Rezound with a small scratch on it

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

My answer was both to "fix" the screen and to prevent further scratches. Small scratches can be covered by the protector so they are not noticeable.

This is something I would try on an old dead, non usable phone first. But there are super fine polishing compounds, 2000+ grit, that may be used to get fine scratches out. Something along the lines of headlight restoration kits at the parts stores, but don't get those. Most stores have body shop supplies that have super super fine compounds.

This just an idea. Any damage, etc, from trying this idea is not my fault. (disclaimer).

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I have been successful in removing scratches from gorilla glass and other surfaces using the compounds found here...

I've also seen concern on many of the touch screen repair forums regarding the oleophobic coating which promotes a slick and clean surface. Once the buffing process has brought the level of the screen down to the depth of the scratch, the oleophobic coating can be reapplied using something like this...

And of course, if the scratch is too deep it's going to be difficult to repair if not possible at all.

Where exactly can you get a micro fiber cloth? And will the screen still be transparent after applying the scratch removal?

Quote Originally Posted by sweaner View Post
    My answer was both to "fix" the screen and to prevent further scratches. Small scratches can be covered by the protector so they are not noticeable.
    This gives me a second opinion. I thought a screen protector would only prevent future scratches,s o I didn't believe it when I heard it would also makes existing scratches less visible. My screen has a lot of small scratches, some of which you can feel, even though I've taken care of it as best I can in the 3 or so weeks since I've had it. It's a cheap tablet, but it's better than nothing. Maybe I will get a screen protector after all, then.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone here tried making a paste out of baby powder or baking soda and water, which I heard of earlier this week? I'll check this thread for that. Just couldn't wait to ask.