1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need some help with the Beats headphones

So i bought my Rezound used. It did not come with the Beats headphones so i went and bought some from best buy. It turns out they are a little different than the ones that came from the phone. The main problem I have with them is that the in-line remote doesnt work with the Rezound and the ones that came with it does. I was thinking about trying to get the set that comes with it but i've heard they are kinda cheap in comparison to the ones you can buy in stores. This true? Can someone maybe describe the construction of the ones that came with the Rezound? Also, i found these on HTC.com: Are these the same that came with the Rezound or an upgrade from those? Thanks

Default Re: Need some help with the Beats headphones

Most ear buds are not compatible with android phones. The in-line remotes will not work unless specified on the box.

Only few actually work for android, for using the in-line remote. Most ear buds are wired for the dumb i-phone.

Only way if you want beats brand is go to verizon and order from them or call beats directly.

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

There are many auctions on eBay for the Rezound headphones -- ranging from $50 to $90 on BUY IT NOW auctions... no clue how much they cost in stores (if that is even an option)

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

dude go to radio shack and if not beats they got some pretty good head phones that are android approved just look for the little sticker and they have beats with android approved so that's your best bet short of calling them directly as he posted ^^^

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums

Try headset button controller on the play store. It's a cool app.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by amadkins View Post
    Try headset button controller on the play store. It's a cool app.
    yea i tried that but it voids out the mic, which i actually do use a lot. I want to stick with Monster phones but i'd really like full in-line button functionality. Does anyone know if the ones on the HTC site are the same as the ones that come with the phone? The description is pretty vague.

All the functions still work, its just the buttons are in different places. I found that if you hold the center button and the volume up button it will skip songs and if you hold the center with the volume down it rewinds. Its a little tricky but the ones from Best Buy are a lot better quality and they look a lot nicer!

I lost my original Beats headset so I got a replacement on ebay for 17.99. Lots were going for 40 to 60 but the ones I got were the real deal. From Hong Kong.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I'll sell you mine fr $40 shipped to the 48 states.

Maybe someone can clear this up for me. Are the standard Beats earbuds that come with the Rezound supposed to have an in-line mike?

I just saw an ad for the phone on You Tube and it appeared that there was one.

If this is so, it would be great. It would also make me feel stupid since I've had the phone for 8 months and didn't know this.

Plus if it is true, I haven't figured out how to make it work and there doesn't seem to be any mention of it in the manual. Thanx in advance for any clarification.

It does have a mic - mine always just worked, so I don't know why yours isn't working...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

My mic works also.

So I guess that my next obvious question is: How exactly should I be turning it on?

I would be doing this while listening to music. I've tried pushing the center button on the cord which does turn off the music, but then the mic doesn't seem to pick up my voice. I've also tried pushing the button and releasing it and I've tried to talk while holding the button, but neither seems to work.

I never had a clue that this was possible until I saw this ridiculous YouTube ad last week.

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

I was under the impression that they were just regular i-beats. Also what is not working on the online mic? Are you talking on the phone, or trying to voice search? I talk on the phone with mine, while I'm listening to music all the time. Phone in the pocket, answer the call, phone stodgy playing music, and I just talk, no button pressing. What music player you using? If your trying to voice search, I think you still have to press and hold the search button on the phone.
    Took the S4 update on purpose, so I could not mess with my phone.... so so so stupid.

Thanks everyone for letting me know that the mic works. My mic does work - how cool.

I had to overcome two issues -- first clumsy fingers and improper button pushing procedure.

Second, it had to find somebody to patiently call me so I could get it figured out. So sad
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by twolastnames View Post
    I was under the impression that they were just regular i-beats. Also what is not working on the online mic? Are you talking on the phone, or trying to voice search? I talk on the phone with mine, while I'm listening to music all the time. Phone in the pocket, answer the call, phone stodgy playing music, and I just talk, no button pressing. What music player you using? If your trying to voice search, I think you still have to press and hold the search button on the phone.
    Ive seen pics of both models and they are similar but definitely a little different. The up and down buttons on the ones i have now do nothing. The center button and mic both work just fine. I use the stock music player and it sure would be nice to control the music in ways other than just pause/play.

Just remember the rezound comes with urbeats not ibeats. There is also an HTC version of the solos.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Sethoth View Post
    yea i tried that but it voids out the mic, which i actually do use a lot. I want to stick with Monster phones but i'd really like full in-line button functionality. Does anyone know if the ones on the HTC site are the same as the ones that come with the phone? The description is pretty vague.
    I do believe UrBeats are the ones that work with Android phones.. I suggest to call them directly to make sure.

They're distinctly different. I own both pairs, the iBeats from Best Buy and the iBeats that came with my original Rezound. The HTC ones have horrible sound quality compared to the original iBeats and the HTC ones look cheaper and the buttons feel cheaper. The true iBeats feel like real, solid metal but the HTC ones feel plasticy and they vibrate, the one thing iBeats claim not to do!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Champion1229 View Post
    They're distinctly different. I own both pairs, the iBeats from Best Buy and the iBeats that came with my original Rezound. The HTC ones have horrible sound quality compared to the original iBeats and the HTC ones look cheaper and the buttons feel cheaper. The true iBeats feel like real, solid metal but the HTC ones feel plasticy and they vibrate, the one thing iBeats claim not to do!
    Both my wife and I have Rezounds. My urbeats that came with the phone had a busted speaker, so I called VZW and they sent me ibeats as a replacement. My wife hates them so she gave me hers. The ibeats I was sent as a replacement are FAR superior in their build quality. They are metal, not plastic, and they are heavier. They came with 6 different ear attachment vs the 4. As far as sound quality, I haven't noticed a real difference, and yes....the button remote on the ibeats does not work like the urbeats. But like previous poster said, if you play around with the buttons, you can find some combinations that work.

What I need is the mod that allows me to use the beats EQ on the phone with ALL audio not just the stock music player.
    Devices:

Rooted HTC Droid Incredible
    Rooted Nook Color
    Rooted HTC Rezound
    Soon to be rooted Galaxy S4
    Thanked by:
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Cool, thanks 318sugarhill and Champion1229. Thats exactly the answer i was looking for. Now i just need to find out if the ones HTC are selling on their site are any better than the ones that came with the Rezound. I want full functionality of the buttons but i'm not going to sacrifice quality for it.

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Quote Originally Posted by Sethoth View Post
    Cool, thanks 318sugarhill and Champion1229. Thats exactly the answer i was looking for. Now i just need to find out if the ones HTC are selling on their site are any better than the ones that came with the Rezound. I want full functionality of the buttons but i'm not going to sacrifice quality for it.
    Yes, The ones that are sold in the store with the flat cable are better then the ones we recieved with the Rezound.
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Yes, The ones that are sold in the store with the flat cable are better then the ones we recieved with the Rezound.

Yea I have some of the Tours also and they are awesome, I meant the urBeats on the HTC website. The description makes them sound different than the ones that came with the phone.