Ice Cream Sandwich = No Mobile Network??

Synergy23

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
I just updated to ICS today, about 4 hours ago. I now regret the update. I have NO mobile nework connection whatsoever. It connects to wifi when in range, but no mobile network at all. No 3G, no 4G, no 1x... nothing. When I go to settings it says "Turning on..." and just hangs there forever. Occasionally it tells me to use wifi instead. I've been resetting and switching the mobile network on and off to no avail.

Anyone else have a similar problem? I'm stuck at work for the next several hours with no chance to call support.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Same problem and this is my second Rezound this week! I'm going to the store tomorrow and I'll let ya know what they say. Hopefully given my recent record with HTC devices, I can get them to give me something besides the Rezound (would love an S3) because in the past 4 months I have been through 4 Thunderbolts and 2 Rezounds and each one was returned through the warranty.

Synergy23

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Wow that's a lot of phones! I've had my rezound since December. Aside from a few isolated bugs, my phone worked just fine until the update, and now I have no mobile network... Frustrating. I won't have a chance to go to the store for a few days and I am assuming verizon phone support costs extra. I am sure as hell not paying extra for a problem they created...

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
As long as its within the year of ownership, the phone is under warranty. No fees to look at it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Not patronizing here but the back cover is on securely right? That's where the antenna are. Sim card good to go? Maybe verizon will give you a new one. Or you could go nuclear and do the old "factory reset". It's probably what Verizon will do to start with. Back up any apps you can before you do that though.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you from experience that Factory resets are a waste of time with the network and reboot issues. The Verizon tech dude who had no idea what to do told me to do it over and over again. In the end I had done 5 factory resets and it still didn't work.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
LOL, the first thing I tell tech is I have already done the factory reset (even if I haven't...) a few times. Saves time with them. LOL

Tmaybin

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you from experience that Factory resets are a waste of time with the network and reboot issues. The Verizon tech dude who had no idea what to do told me to do it over and over again. In the end I had done 5 factory resets and it still didn't work.

I'm on my third "refurbished" Rezound in three weeks. I'm sick of being in Refurbished Hell - it seems each phone they send is somehow worse than the one before.

This phone keeps trying to connect to WiFi - even when WiFi is turned Off - and I NEVER, EVER use WiFi.

I have done a soft reset, a factory reset - VZW wants to send yet another Refurbished ReZound. I'm over it.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my third "refurbished" Rezound in three weeks. I'm sick of being in Refurbished Hell - it seems each phone they send is somehow worse than the one before.

This phone keeps trying to connect to WiFi - even when WiFi is turned Off - and I NEVER, EVER use WiFi.

I have done a soft reset, a factory reset - VZW wants to send yet another Refurbished ReZound. I'm over it.

Go to you're WiFi settings and find the one that says "automatically launch wfi" and turn it off.

Menu, settings, WiFi, menu again, advanced, "never turn on wifi" problem solved.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Tmaybin

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Go to you're WiFi settings and find the one that says "automatically launch wfi" and turn it off.

Menu, settings, WiFi, menu again, advanced, "never turn on wifi" problem solved.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Thank you Wanda, but I've done that several times. It STILL turns on...

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If you never use WiFi, then what network is your phone trying to connect to? Should be a way to not allow it to connect to WiFi if you don't agree to it. Your situation would definitely drive me nuts, too!

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You do have the box checked, correct? Just grasping....

4cb12db4-aee0-a829.jpg

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I just updated to ICS today, about 4 hours ago. I now regret the update. I have NO mobile nework connection whatsoever. It connects to wifi when in range, but no mobile network at all. No 3G, no 4G, no 1x... nothing. When I go to settings it says "Turning on..." and just hangs there forever. Occasionally it tells me to use wifi instead. I've been resetting and switching the mobile network on and off to no avail.

Anyone else have a similar problem? I'm stuck at work for the next several hours with no chance to call support.

I have had the same problem for months now. If you complain to them enough they will do something. Took my wife to write a strongly worded email for anything for me.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The phone is under warranty, call them and tell them you have already done factory reset and its not helping. They will send you another phone.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
This is by no means directed at the OP specifically but if there is one thing I learned the hard way with VZW (no matter what the device is) that if your original, new device has but a minor issue then it's better to put up with it than playing the poker game and starting the CLNR cycle because it might be a while before you actually come across that "like new" device.

Mommytig

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Wanda, but I've done that several times. It STILL turns on...

I am having the same issue. I have my WiFi set to not come on and not notify me of open networks but yet it happens at least every half hour! I am also having issues with my mobile network turning off by itself, the Bluetooth not working, FB dropping all of my synced contacts daily and and my keyboard has decided to start texting where my cursor is not!!!

I have had the same issues with HTC....I went through 3 Thunderbolts and now 2 Rezounds! We'll se if I get stuck with another refurbished phone once again!

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for not updating how the store visit went! :) So here is how it went.

I went to the Verizon store after i got the 2nd CLN Replacement Rezound and lets just say I wasn't happy (I wasn't rude but I got the point across that I was fed up with them)! After handing the tech my phone, I explained what was happening and he proceeded to open up the GPS and what do ya know, it rebooted on him! He was dumbfounded! So he started typing on his computer behind the counter and proceeded to ask me if it was ok if he did a factory reset and I was like just do whatever to get it to work! After about half an hour he reset it and he said if it started acting up again to call customer support and ask for a new phone. I walked out to my car and literally the second I sat down it restarted and then it could never find a 4G or 3G signal when it came back on. I called customer support and was put on hold for over an hour when the Verizon automated system dropped my call! I was livid and called back! The lady made sure I was first on the list this time and I only had to wait about 5 min! The tech support rep said that after looking at my account history and at the notes the sales rep put in my account that day, he said I could either get a CLN Rezound or a CLN Razr! At this point I was so fed up and exhausted that I got the Razr! I loved my Rezound but I would rather give up my amazing display for a slightly less dazzling one but get reliable signal, no reboots and an actual possibility at seeing an official OTA Jelly Bean update!

Heres a quick review of the Razr after a few days!

Ok, I got my Razr a few days ago and I must say it's interesting. It has its good and bad but whats winning me over is the ability to use FoxFi! When I first got my phone I was amazed at how thin it was and how well built it is. Then I turned it on for the first time and was blown away at how AMOLED looks, the blacks are so black that the screen look off and the colors are so crisp. But I must say I am not a fan of the pentile matrix. It makes things look boxy and unappealing but in every day use its hardly noticeable. However, the first night I had my phone I noticed something peculiar, under the screen there appeared to be what looked like black ink. It wasn't just in one spot but blotched all over the display. It isn't that noticeable in a bright area or when the screen brightness is all the way up but when watching a movie at night it just screams and annoys me (I'm a little OCD, I like my things to look perfect). lol And apparently after reading online, its not a good idea to send it back for a replacement because I'm likely to get one that has it worse (online it seems every Droid Razr and lots of Droid Razr Maxx have them).

Battery life is on par with the Rezound and with smart actions I have the ability to be able to extend that even further. Currently, I have a rule set that turns the cellular data off when phone idles with the screen off. Its quite amazing how they fit the entire Rezound worth of hardware (and even more) into that tiny profile (and even made it water resistant ) P.S. I always use 4G LTE, I can't stand using Verizon's 3G because I'm basically addicted to the speeds of LTE!

All in all, this device is nice with great build quality and an amazing form factor but the display is kinda a turn off and the battery is definitely gonna need charged 1-2 times a day. I'm glad I got this phone for free as a CLN and didn't pay for it, otherwise I would of gotten the Maxx edition.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me after I applied the .2 update. While running through the setup, the radios got changed to global mode. Changing it back to LTE/CDMA fixed the problem.

noel b

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I too am on my 3rd phone. Never had any issues with the rezound (4 months) with gingerbread, since update to ICS all of a sudden internet connection issues. Used to run phone solely on 3G for battery life, but also used wifi when home. Seems to be sporatic, I can get connection and then just lets go. I switch to 3G/4G and does the same thing.

Verizon gave me a new rezound and even changed sim cards and still doing the same thing. I seem to only have a problem with certain sites now though. CBSSportsline is the biggest issue so far.

If continues, I guess I will suggest to move to new RAZR like another had stated. Not going to continue to have the problems.

sm12345

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i had the same issues with loosing 4g signal on 2 replacement phones. tech support were able to push updates to my phones that fixed that problem on both on them. i was told to turn the phone off, take out battery and sim card for 5 min and after everything worked. give it a try, it seemed like they knew about the issue. good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol