This Morning's Update

quinngoldie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My Rezound received a software update this morning that ultimately knocked out the data (I eventually got that up and running again) but now it won't sync my Facebook contacts to my "people". It used to be I'd hit the menu button, link, then link to a Facebook contact but now when I do that it says "no contacts". So something isn't syncing correctly. Anyone know a way around this?

Otherwise, I sort of like the new menus this update presents. Everything is a bit more seamless now.

quinngoldie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I think I actually just fixed it. If the same issue pops up again I will definitely screen shot it. It says android version 4.0.3 if that makes any difference? But so far I've been slowly but surely able to get things back to normal. Thanks!

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I think it is the software version we are interested in. The current version ends with .12 as seen below...

a6f98244-df04-1886.jpg

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
3.14.605.12 710rd
This is the current release, did you get two updates this morning? One at 7MB and one about 299MB? This is the ICS release most people got over the last three weeks.

I have not gotten an update since the first couple days of August on either of my Rezounds, and both of them are not showing any new software available.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I have not gotten an update since the first couple days of August on either of my Rezounds, and both of them are not showing any new software available.

Why aren't you flashing the RUUs, ace?

Cameron31

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
For a week I had an annoying "update" alert-and I've been hitting later-because I didn't want to update-however there was no option for "no -to the update". Today it downloaded the update-and I will say I hate it! I am so sorry that Android forces you to download an update that for me-zapped my battery life immediately- it ruins your battery life. I hate the appearances, I hate the changes, it's difficult to use. I want my phone back to where it was prior to the update. I can't believe you are forced to update and shame on those who force you to. I went to the Verizon store to say fix it-put my phone back to my old operating system-the way it was when I bought it 6 months ago! Now I am stuck w/ a phone for another 1 1/2 years before I can get out of the contract. NO one should be forced to change an operating system on their phone UNLESS they want it. Verizon said I should "just try it for a while, it's much better" And I kept telling the rep "you don't get it-I can't stand the appearance, the apps or the way it works now" So explain to me why "android" or as I was told "Google" made the change. Tell me-if someone had a computer operating system they liked, and was told you have to update-and then it downloaded Microsoft-would you be happy? I doubt it. So thanks a lot android for screwing up my phone that now I want to get rid of! I liked my droid w/ the operating system it had that's why I spend $200 for it! I hate it now because of this stupid update to Ice cream? You shouldn't force your updates on anyone! I shouldn't have to pay for something I didn't want, and don't want. So you should think about allowing people to choose what to download and not force your ideas on others. I for one, hate the new operating system and sorry I'm stuck w/ it again. If I wanted it in the beginning I would have chosen it, don't respect android for their decision to force:it on me

mad:

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Why aren't you flashing the RUUs, ace?

LOL... two reasons

1) One phone is a work phone, it MUST work 24/7 and I will not take even the slightest chance of breaking it by own actions, now if VZW sends out an OTA update and breaks it, then that isn't my fault. ;)

2) My personal phone just works... I have no problems, battery life is good (better than GB!), WiFi, 3G, and 4G all hold really good signal, I have no heat issues (worst I ever got was 105 after playing Angry Birds for like an hour straight well plugged in), no lag issues, or whatever other ICS problem people moan and groan about and I never even factory defaulted this one after the OTA update!

So basically, I see no advantage to doing it. Now, if I had issues, I wouldn't think twice about flashing an RUU, unlocking the bootloader, going S-OFF, rooting, flashing a custom ROM, or whatever. Done it all before and I am sure I will do it again, if not with this phone, then with something else.

quinngoldie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I've actually become pretty used to it thus far. I like the new menus, shocking enough. Battery life is relatively the same. I just had to reboot a few times to get my data to finally kick in but once it did, it stayed put. It also connects to my home and work wifi MUCH quicker now.

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
For a week I had an annoying "update" alert-and I've been hitting later-because I didn't want to update-however there was no option for "no -to the update". Today it downloaded the update-and I will say I hate it! I am so sorry that Android forces you to download an update that for me-zapped my battery life immediately- it ruins your battery life. I hate the appearances, I hate the changes, it's difficult to use. I want my phone back to where it was prior to the update. I can't believe you are forced to update and shame on those who force you to. I went to the Verizon store to say fix it-put my phone back to my old operating system-the way it was when I bought it 6 months ago! Now I am stuck w/ a phone for another 1 1/2 years before I can get out of the contract. NO one should be forced to change an operating system on their phone UNLESS they want it. Verizon said I should "just try it for a while, it's much better" And I kept telling the rep "you don't get it-I can't stand the appearance, the apps or the way it works now" So explain to me why "android" or as I was told "Google" made the change. Tell me-if someone had a computer operating system they liked, and was told you have to update-and then it downloaded Microsoft-would you be happy? I doubt it. So thanks a lot android for screwing up my phone that now I want to get rid of! I liked my droid w/ the operating system it had that's why I spend $200 for it! I hate it now because of this stupid update to Ice cream? You shouldn't force your updates on anyone! I shouldn't have to pay for something I didn't want, and don't want. So you should think about allowing people to choose what to download and not force your ideas on others. I for one, hate the new operating system and sorry I'm stuck w/ it again. If I wanted it in the beginning I would have chosen it, don't respect android for their decision to force:it on me

mad:

Dude u need to calm down. I know this update has a couple issues (I'm getting some lag and WiFi likes to shut off on it's own smh) but ICS is still better than Gingerbread. I suggest doing a factory reset and seeing if that makes it work better for you. I need to do one too but I'm hesitating 'cuz I don't wanna "start over" but it must be done eventually and if it still ain't workin right then get it replaced. There used to be an option to turn off automatic updates (at least on my old Evo 4G) but I don't know if there is anymore. Just do the reset and try it out.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Is my PRL Version supposed to be different?
Supposed to? Maybe, but it can change as the PRL changes... PRL is the Preferred Roaming List or the list of information used during the system selection and acquisition process and can change and can be different based on geographical region. Verizon and most other 4G cell phones get this list automatically. Older phones you typically had to manually initiate an update by dialing *228 and pressing option 2.

My current PRL is 15145

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon