Annoying ICS Behavior?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
(Also posted in the Samsung Galaxy S III forum)
Well, I've been through the phone settings from top to bottom, but I can't find anything to account for this behavior, and since it just started happening on my wife's Rezound after it got bumped to ICS I can only assume that ICS is to blame: whenever the phone finishes charging (in the dock; not sure if it happens during normal charging) the screen gets turned on and stays on until you press the power button to turn it off. It's particularly annoying on her phone since she keeps the brightness turned way up - it's like the beacon from Monty Python and the Holy Grail in the middle of the night.

Anyone have any ideas on how to stop this annoying behavior? Anybody else having this problem?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
(Also posted in the Samsung Galaxy S3 forum)
Well, I've been through the phone settings from top to bottom, but I can't find anything to account for this behavior, and since it just started happening on my wife's Rezound after it got bumped to ICS I can only assume that ICS is to blame: whenever the phone finishes charging (in the dock; not sure if it happens during normal charging) the screen gets turned on and stays on until you press the power button to turn it off. It's particularly annoying on her phone since she keeps the brightness turned way up - it's like the beacon from Monty Python and the Holy Grail in the middle of the night.

Anyone have any ideas on how to stop this annoying behavior? Anybody else having this problem?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
There is a setting for this...

Settings -> Developer options -> Stay Awake and untick the box

BTW, Nice Tapatalk sig... I had to think about that for a second before it sank in, then it gave me a decent early morning chuckle, thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae