ICS & calendar help

edgesalon

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
ever since ICS update when i move appt. in the calendar around on the phone it does not move them on the laptop when sync.but if i moved the Appt. on the laptop it does move it on the phone when synced, any one can help me please
using htc and buisness calendar but not working right. i do not want to do a factory reset.

Last edited:

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
ever since ICS update when i move appt. in the calendar around on the phone it does not move them on the laptop when sync.but if i moved the Appt. on the laptop it does move it on the phone when synced, any one can help me please
using htc and buisness calendar but not working right. i do not want to do a factory reset.
Are you sure this worked correctly on GB, and are you using ActiveSync or Google Calendar?

I have seen a few discussions on this issue off and on for months (thus before the ICS update), some people have this problem and some don't, it seems to include some people using the Google Calendar and some using ActiveSync but no clear pattern to it and no solution, but we can work on it some if you can supply more information and details.

edgesalon

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure this worked correctly on GB, and are you using ActiveSync or Google Calendar?

I have seen a few discussions on this issue off and on for months (thus before the ICS update), some people have this problem and some don't, it seems to include some people using the Google Calendar and some using ActiveSync but no clear pattern to it and no solution, but we can work on it some if you can supply more information and details.

after talking with HTC support for an hour we did number of thing like removing all accounts from phone ,removing htc sync 3.2.20 and reibstalling nothing worked.
i had to due a Factory Reset :'( and now every thing is working like charm :D I had no issues in GB and i was just using outlook calenar on my laptop syncing with the HTC calendar on the phone.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Ahhh... I didn't recommend that because you specifically stated you didn't want to, although it was my first thought. I still recommend to people to factory reset anytime a major OS upgrade comes out, it just makes things work smoother.

Glad you got it working though!!

MSMTV

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
If we do a factory reset do we lose all entries on phone calendar? I've been adding a lot there and they won't sync on Google calendar. No problem before ICS

edgesalon

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I think yes , you can try to back them up on your computer before FR. just use the cable and sync them on your phone calenar to your omputer calenar then you can get them back .
you can set it to change syncing like frome phone to computer then after reset from computer to phone realy easy. thats what i did.
Factory Reset has realy helped every thing, the phone is runnig smoth and great battery life now almost twice as much. good luck.