Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default ICS and Side volume Keys

    Before the ICS upgrade I was able to control my volume to vibrate using the side keys now it only shows the media volume. What is the quickest way to silence or vibrate the phone now

    TIA
  2. #2  

    Default

    You will have to go into settings and click on sound

    sent from my Rezound
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  3. #3  

    Default Re: ICS and Side volume Keys

    It also depends on where youre at on the phone. If youre looking at the music player then the media volume will go up or down, but if youre just looking at your home screen with no musiic playing then it should be the ringer volume.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: ICS and Side volume Keys

    Quote Originally Posted by Sethoth View Post
    It also depends on where youre at on the phone. If youre looking at the music player then the media volume will go up or down, but if youre just looking at your home screen with no musiic playing then it should be the ringer volume.
    When I'm on home screen I get the media volume. I know that wasn't there before
  5. #5  
    Cares's Avatar

    Posts
    304 Posts
    Global Posts
    338 Global Posts

    Default Re: ICS and Side volume Keys

    You probably have some app open in the background which it is controlling the volume of. Music playing? I have it controlling volume correctly.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: ICS and Side volume Keys

    Quote Originally Posted by Cares View Post
    You probably have some app open in the background which it is controlling the volume of. Music playing? I have it controlling volume correctly.
    Doesn't seem to be anything running music wise anywhere. Where should I look
  7. #7  

    Default Re: ICS and Side volume Keys

    This happened to me after downloading MX player. Only could fix it with a reboot. I finally removed mx player and have not had any further problems.
  8. #8  
    Lactose The Intolerant's Avatar

    Posts
    424 Posts
    ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

    Default Re: ICS and Side volume Keys

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleni 522 View Post
    Doesn't seem to be anything running music wise anywhere. Where should I look
    To check what is running:
    Settings > Apps > Running tab
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: ICS and Side volume Keys

    Quote Originally Posted by Lactose The Intolerant View Post
    To check what is running:
    Settings > Apps > Running tab
    Nothing was running. Several reboots fixed the probIem. I feel like I'm back on my blackberry with these reboots it now shows ringer volume

    Thank you all

Posting Permissions