Backup for Non-rooted users

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, let me preface this with the following disclaimers:
1) I am not the author of this tool and cannot verify whether or not it will work for or destroy your phone
2) Neither I nor Android Central, XDA Developers, or Google hold any responsibility for what this tool may or may not do. Blame the author.

That being said, here's a fun little DOS script that can backup your apps and data (a la Titanium Backup) without needing root access.

[TOOL]Ultimate Backup Tool - Full backup without root - xda-developers

Reactions: MarkSeven

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for this. My son dropped my phone and shattered the screen. I'm not rooted. I am not looking forward to rebuilding this phone. I was looking for a non root solution in the play store and was debating them. This is something else for me to consider

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
It was an honest mistake. He felt horrible. Plus I broke the screen on his Maxx 2 days after he got it so this was a prime example of Karma in action.

Now if it were a case of him being an air head, yeah I'm creatively evil.

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this. My son dropped my phone and shattered the screen. I'm not rooted. I am not looking forward to rebuilding this phone. I was looking for a non root solution in the play store and was debating them. This is something else for me to consider

If you try it can you let me know if it worked for you? I need to factory reset my phone badly but I don't wanna lose everything (especially game progress lol). I need something like this.

skyjjc

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Don't know about the script, if anyone trys it please provide feedback.

As far as apps for nonrooted backup go I've had great luck with my backup pro. used it from my thunderbolt to my rezound, and from a defective rezound (capative keys stopped working) to my current warranty replacement rezound...no problems at all with 174 apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678