ICS & website help ?

edgesalon

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
my favorite site where I watch all my sports does not work any more, it use to work with no problems on GB before ICS, can any one help me ?
I even downloaded the same player that i have on my laptop from the site but still does not work. I have done a Factory Reset already.
i get an error "the content is not supported on phone" do i need any player or plugins
please help Thanks.

Last edited:

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
my favorite site where I watch all my sports does not work any more, it use to work with no problems on GB before ICS, can any one help me ?
I even downloaded the same player that i have on my laptop from the site but still does not work. I have done a Factory Reset already.
i get an error "the content is not supported on phone" do i need any player or plugins
please help Thanks.
Try a different browser, either that, or this is one of things that Apple put a stop too, several things that link to open specific players are not allowed anymore because they are in violation of Apple's patents (don't blame me, I didn't do it and I know it's stupid), the only way around it is to root your phone and modify some files in the ROM.

dstrakele

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I noticed a similar issue after upgrading to ICS - CNBC videos would no longer play on my phone. I could only download them. I found the extension of the video files as .m3u8, so I searched on the Play Store and found VPlayer, which supports this codec. In "Settings-App Associations", I changed "Streaming Link", "Online audio downloaded by webview" and "Online video downloaded by webview", from "Streaming Media Player" to "VPlayer" and all is working again.

Still, I was disappointed to lose functionality by installing the ICS upgrade. I've also noticed editing text has become funky. In GB, I could place the cursor at a location and then delete anything in fromt of it by pressing the backspace key. In ICS, sometimes letters after the cursor get deleted (or in some completely random area of the text), leaving the text in front that I wish to delete. But sometimes deletions still work like in GB. I work around the issue by selecting entire words and retyping them, but this is annoying.

I also experienced choppy video playback from my Surfline.com Surf Cams, which ran without issue on GB. Using VPlayer, Flash, Chrome, Dolphin, and Maxthon Browsers, or Surfline's Android App could not change the poor video playback behavior. I broke down and did a Factory Reset from the HBoot menu, and experienced no changes in any of the issues I experienced after the ICS update. I was not surprised, since the ICS update downloaded clean and installed without issues.

Last edited:

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
If the website is flash-based, you may need to side-load flash player. Read this

What the 'death' of Flash means for Android and the web | Android Central

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

You should not have to side load flash for a Rezound. From what I understand Flash will be supported for devices that shipped with Flash through ICS. After ICS Flash will not be supported. Also Chrome (on Android) does not support Flash.

I personally am on the annoyed by Flash side. Flash is a pig in the mobile space - eats power. I don't even have flash on my windows desktop. I find it great, few ads and ends those really annoying web sites that want to play music when you on the page.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You should not have to side load flash for a Rezound. From what I understand Flash will be supported for devices that shipped with Flash through ICS. After ICS Flash will not be supported. Also Chrome (on Android) does not support Flash.

I personally am on the annoyed by Flash side. Flash is a pig in the mobile space - eats power. I don't even have flash on my windows desktop. I find it great, few ads and ends those really annoying web sites that want to play music when you on the page.

No, if you stayed on GB and had flash installed, you would still get bug fixes. ICS does away with flash altogether so if you want it, you have to sideload it since it woulod be considered a "new" install

Adobe to begin blocking new installs of Flash tomorrow | Android Central

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Enable the ability for the phone to load apk's from "unknown" sources:
Menu > Settings > Security > enable Unknown Sources

Download Flash apk to your phone (use phone browser and search for Flash apk's or use you computer to search for apk and then move it to your phone)

Use a file manager (Astro, ES File Explorer, etc) to navigate to the folder where you put the Flash apk, touch the apk icon and the installer should do the rest.

edgesalon

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Enable the ability for the phone to load apk's from "unknown" sources:
Menu > Settings > Security > enable Unknown Sources

Download Flash apk to your phone (use phone browser and search for Flash apk's or use you computer to search for apk and then move it to your phone)

Use a file manager (Astro, ES File Explorer, etc) to navigate to the folder where you put the Flash apk, touch the apk icon and the installer should do the rest.

Thanks

edgesalon

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I did every thing thug I still can not watch any thing, what is odd some videos on the site come on but I have no control over the screen ( can not inlarge or shrink or turn things off like adds) very disappointed at this time my Fav soccer team playing and I have no way of watching :'(

edgesalon

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: ICS & website help ?

please help me still have no video on the web
I have side loaded flash 11.1 and can not watch any thing. this really sucks!

[

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

The stock browser is still in the ICS OTA. Called "internet" while in the app go to "setting>advanced>enable flash plug-ins>always on"

edgesalon

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

I have done that also , just cleared cache and history I am one still working on it, it is crazy how much time I have put in to this if I knew I would keep GB.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
please help Thanks.

What is the website?

Postman024

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I am having a very similar issue with my HTC Rezound and my Asus Transformer Eee Pad TF101-A1. I have all of my fantasy sports on CBS sports and the issue is a bit strange. Web pages will load the first time, but the second page (link) I try to go to will only load 50%, close the browser sending me to my home screen, and will default back to the my home page (Google) when I reopen the browser. This happens on Dolphin Browser and default. I have only experienced this issue on the CBS website, but I do not visit a whole lot of other sites, so it may not be exclussive. Chrome does not have this issue, but I do need Flash and Chrome seems to be okay on most pages, but not all. I also have a problem with surfline not showing any live cams, as someone else has mentioned in this thread. I have tried every suggestion found on several forums. At this point, I am convinced there is a very poorly tested bug in ICS causing these browser issues, and not all phones have a workaround. Some people seem to be getting lucky,while other like myself are screwed.

I was lucky enough to find that Opera Mobile browser clears the CBS and surfline issues. I am able to view all livescoring and surf cam pages and I am not experiencing any of the issues I previously described. After all these wild settings and crazy app suggestions, this was very nice to just simply fine a Play supported APP that worked, Hopefully this will help you too.

Postman024

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to mention in my previous reply that I am was having the issues with HTC Rezound, Asus Eee Pad Transformer (TF101-A1) and my Wife's Samsung Galaxy S2. Opera Mobile Browser has been the fix on all three. Again, hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams