May 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my second Rezound. Both have the same problem. When I put my phone between my head and shoulder while taking, the people I'm talking to can not hear me. Is this normal for the Rezound or a defect?

Also, while resting the phone between my head and shoulder, I moved it around to try to see if that helped but it didn't.

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
That's life with a variety of devices, the Rezound being one of them. It has to do with the placements of the microphones. It's not a glitch just the design, unfortunately.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok. That's cool. I love this phone and I hate having to rest everything. If it's normal, I will not complain. I love this phone. Verizon sent me a RAZR as a temp phone until they had more Rezounds and that Razr sucked compared to the Rezound. It did have better battery life though. Thank you.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my second Rezound. Both have the same problem. When I put my phone between my head and shoulder while taking, the people I'm talking to can not hear me. Is this normal for the Rezound or a defect?

Also, while resting the phone between my head and shoulder, I moved it around to try to see if that helped but it didn't.
This is not uncommon with the Rezound and has to do with the noise cancelling circuitry... it might not be a defect as much as poor engineering. There are several Rez's in my office, all of them do this at times.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Often see this (hear this?) because the noise cancelling mics are covered when you hold it between your ear and your shoulder. (look for those little holes on the back of the phone)

Sethoth

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
My Incredible 2 has the the noise cancelling mic on the top, near the power button. Seems like the right place to put it.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
My Incredible 2 has the the noise cancelling mic on the top, near the power button. Seems like the right place to put it.

Yep, it was in a good spot on the DInc as well -- still on the back but higher up - not easily covered. DInc also had the power button and earphone spot in the "right" place (lol still trying to get used to their "reversed" positions on the Rezound) :p

Sethoth

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Yep, it was in a good spot on the DInc as well -- still on the back but higher up - not easily covered. DInc also had the power button and earphone spot in the "right" place (lol still trying to get used to their "reversed" positions on the Rezound) :p

Lol yea i agree. It's like they made the Rezound for left handed people but I, like most, am right handed.

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I agree, I love this phone too. I realized early on that the design caused that issue, and like you didn't want to complain about something that was just what the phone does! It's a bummer to not be able to rest the phone on the shoulder, but I'm guessing I'll just pick up a quality bluetooth and use it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol