Global ruu issues

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Seem to be having issues withe browser lag and form fill not working properly. Is it possibly data stall related? It seems to happen even if o have good signal. Any ideas.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Did you try a third party browser? I thought when I got it first loaded up, I was having browser problems, but I always switch to ICS+ browser right away, and have not noticed it since.

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Did you try a third party browser? I thought when I got it first loaded up, I was having browser problems, but I always switch to ICS+ browser right away, and have not noticed it since.

Yes...still lags horribly...form data will not auto complete either

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... I use Maxthon and Chrome with 4.3.605.2 and have not experienced the issue described. Can you tell me how you produce it, will see I'd I can reproduce and/or maybe a solution.

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
It occurs on every function of any browser. I'm wondering if its a data stall issue even though I have good signal. It does it with search anticipation, the actual search and opening pages. Almost like its freezing...that slow

Kaptain75329

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, the stock browser is a little screwed up in RUU 4.03.605.2.. there's some screen redraw/refresh problems where the content won't display correctly until you scroll, and the keyboard has problems appearing on text fields when it should. I even posted about it on another thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-htc-rezound/203056-global-ruu.html#post2099664, but it looks like not everyone is seeing the issue. (Edit: @cdmjlt369 - you helped me out in that thread; thank you again for trying to reproduce the problem.)

To hear that there's some additional issues with forms and auto fill doesn't surprise me. It's so bad for some people that even devs for custom ROMs (such as Vigor360) actually mention using an older version of the browser to compensate for the trouble. (see attached screenshot for the change log.)

Aside from the browser, I can find nothing else wrong with this RUU. That's disappointing, because I have the feeling this RUU won't make it to OTA with a problem like this being so prevalent.

For now, I use ICS Browser+ as my default to work around the screen draw issues. But it's not a complete fix because it still uses the core render engine of the stock browser. JavaScript is still broken (though not as bad) and the keyboard still fails to appear. It's decent enough since I like to have Flash, and if I need the keyboard, I just use Chrome as a backup for now. Will be nice to have this issue resolved when HTC gets it right.

Last edited:

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
So its a known issue then. I seem to have the same problem in the market. Is that a known issue/ related.

craZhorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I am having lagging issues also. Sorta disappointed with this RUU. I think I know the answer to this question, but I will ask it just the same, can you flash back to the leaked .12 RUU after flashing the global RUU? Thanks.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I am having lagging issues also. Sorta disappointed with this RUU. I think I know the answer to this question, but I will ask it just the same, can you flash back to the leaked .12 RUU after flashing the global RUU? Thanks.

Only if you are S-OFF, otherwise you can't go backwards.

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Possibble fix...as was suggested I downloaded maxthon. I went a step further and cleared data on google search and then disabled google search. Maxthon browser seems to be working even with java enabled...

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I believe Kaptain75329 hit it on the head, for an unknown reason a handful of people seem to be getting a "lag" issue with the stock browser, well others have no issues at all, or perhaps they don't know it because they don't use the stock browser. Either way it is not something you are doing or did incorrectly, switch to a different browser and await a new RUU or OTA update with a fix is the best thing you can do.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Are you certain of that? This is still ICS we're talking about. I was under the impression that you couldn't go from ICS back to GB without being S-OFF.
Although I haven't tried it, even under GB you could not go backwards in firmware revisions even within the same release without being S-OFF. I guess you could try it, the worst that would happen is it would fail.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with .2. But, I use Dolphin browser. I don't think I've ever even tried the stock browser on the Rezound ICS.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So does this mean it is fixable with an update?

LOL... that is unknown, what I meant was that for whatever reason, hardware revision, firmware image, hardware build differences, supplier inconsistencies, or whatever, HTC has some consistency issues where some users have issues and others do not in otherwise identical situations. The heat build-up issue is a good example of that, some people had it and others didn't but there was no clear-cut reason behind it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance